Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
At the risk of sounding arrogant I hope not. The coaches stuck their neck out for the kid and gave him their word and I'm sure they turned away other guys (by not offering them I mean) because Ron verballed. Now he walks back on that which is his right to do until he signs his NLI but I'd rather have them give that scholly to a guy who is marginally less talented but all in on being a Bison (and there are plenty of those guys out there). Good luck to Ron... like Burgundy said better to find out now than after a redshirt year that this really isn't where he wanted to be.
^This...You win championships by having guys buy into the system and execute game plans for the team. You don't win championships by having the best athletes at every position, at least not consistently. My in-laws are big Michigan State fans and MSU was bragging about their great recruiting classes after they started competitng for the big bowls. They ended up with physically gifted athletes like Malik McDowell who bought into themselves more than they bought into the team. As a result MSU put up a total clunker last year. Not saying this kid is like McDowell, just saying that team dynamic is important. Get the best guys for the team, not the best guys overall.