Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
Yes, we could have used Klabo. but don't forget she is a junior. Even though the Bison and Hawks both lose local girls, they both have their share. The Bison got Dietz from Fargo Shanley and Macey Kvilvang, 6-4, F, Cando (North Star), ND in this recruiting class. Kvilvang had multiple offers, including the Gophers, Arizona and Boise St. These two should fill the post for the Bison in the future.

It seems to me the Bison are still recruiting locally but are just not getting all of them.
I also believe that the basketball program has turned the corner as far as local recruiting goes. I'm still not sold on the coaching staff and whether they will get the Bison basketball program back to where it belongs. However, you cannot ignore the two local recruits in the most recent class. Kvilvang and Dietz are quality recruits and you know Kvilvang will be a stud after a couple of years. Didn't UND recruit her or did they just not get her, coming from their own their backyard? These two along with the other local recruits from last year, Jacobson and Nudell, give the Bison a very solid base of in-state local talent, all signed in the last two recruiting classes. I believe that a program can't get everyone they want nor should they go after everyone just because they are local recruits. Let's see where these recruits are when they are juniors then you can do a fair comparison to Klabo. To me 4 recruits from ND in the last two classes shows that the Bison are recruiting locally and the best part is that they all had multiple offers and interest.