Thread: Remarkable comments by Ryan Burns on recruiting versus the MAC

Threaded View

Default Remarkable comments by Ryan Burns on recruiting versus the MAC

http://scout.com/college/north-dakot...1317-107379439

Go to about 7:10 in. He says two MAC coaches tell him on why they offer so few kids in WI, MN, IA, ND, SD, and NE, paraphrasing, "We know that if NDSU offers them, we are not likely to get them, and we don't want to be embarrassed on the recruiting trial by an FCS school." (BTW, Ryan is by no means an NDSU rube; he certainly has business interested tied to the NDSU fan base, but he stays fairly objective, IMHO.)

I found the quote curious and a makes me skeptical even if they really believe what they told Ryan.

So.....
    1. I know they get their butt kicked by NDSU on the trail, but is it really "embarrassing?" Does it really harm them severely when they lose out to NDSU? (I admit, I get how embarrassing it had to be to Bohl to lose the top kid in WYO, but that is a very different situation since MAC does not have flagship schools.)
    2. Or is the truth it is more like recruiting against a P5 school than they want to admit.......is that what is "embarrassing." (ie, they are ceding ground much like NDSU would not bother working hard on a top tier recruit in MSP with a solid B1G offer)

Discuss; really interesting comments from Mr. Burns. I may be reading way too much into it.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 09-14-2017 at 07:24 PM.