Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sioux Falls finalist for Summit BB Tourney

Default Re: Sioux Falls finalist for Summit BB Tourney

SF would be a great place. The arena would work very well. Good luck SF.

If there was a basketball arena addition on the Fargodome today, that would be the home court for the Bison. The Summit League only plays the post season tournament on neutral floors, so if Fargo wanted it, it would be either the BSA or the football arena at the dome.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    If there was a basketball arena addition on the Fargodome today, that would be the home court for the Bison. The Summit League only plays the post season tournament on neutral floors, so if Fargo wanted it, it would be either the BSA or the football arena at the dome.
    100% correct.

Any word about progress towards the Fargodome addition for MBB/WBB? Have they started any of the improvements to the BSA?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Any word about progress towards the Fargodome addition for MBB/WBB? Have they started any of the improvements to the BSA?
    I believe they are waiting on the BSA improvements until a decision on the dome. If the dome adds basketball courts that could/would change the BSA improvement plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Fargodome Addition: Fargo City Commission unanimously voted to advertise for an architect to draw up plans for a 7-8,000 seat facility at their 27 March meeting. No announcements have been made since.

BSA Renovation: Since the pricetag was raised from $8MM to $25MM, no public announcements have been made. Plans to proceed with the construction in phases have been put on hold and, to date, no known decisions have been made. The last public announcement came in early March.
    + what Yo said.

Anyone got any juicy insider info?

Cool Re: Sioux Falls finalist for Summit BB Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Sioux Falls would be great news for Bison fans. (and Jackrabbit fans)
    Interesting that the Summit Conference would consider hosting their tourney in SIOUX Falls. Apparently they do not find the term "Sioux" hostile or offensive like the NCAA does...

Let me be the first to point out how stupid dmksioux is. What a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by dmksioux View Post
    Interesting that the Summit Conference would consider hosting their tourney in SIOUX Falls. Apparently they do not find the term "Sioux" hostile or offensive like the NCAA does...
    Go back to your hole where people give a crap - you know ss.com and your buddy DaveK.
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBisonToo View Post
    Go back to your hole where people give a crap - you know ss.com and your buddy DaveK.
    Please don't compare me with DaveK. I appreciate his passion for Sioux sports, but don't necessarily agree with his views. I actually respect the Bison sports program, particularily what they've done during their transition. I would hope the Sioux program's transition will go as smoothly and successfully. I wasn't trying to create a rift... I was actually hoping to see what Bison fans thought about the tourney being held in Sioux Falls. I occassionally browse through Bville threads. I recall reading some posts pertaining to whether or not the Bison should play the Sioux in any sport until "we are in good standing" with the NCAA in relation to the nickname. If Sioux Falls/Sioux nickname are not something you feel are related, fine...please state so in a respectful way and I won't continue to post on the subject.