Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know a good body shop?

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Anyone know a good body shop?

On a tangent note are there any cpa for business team makers out there?

Well, got another update.

Apparently Progressive Insurance CAN put a price tag on a symbol, a quasi-icon even. And that price tag reads $1000, or $1300 if they junk it.

Needless to say we're all pretty bummed about this. Anyone know what, if any, recourse we might have for a situation like this, especially since the kid who hit it got a DUI and a MIP?

Ouch.

Don't mean to be glum, but-
    You could possibly try small claims court, but I have my doubts whether you would be able to go after the value of all the time and work you put into the Green Monster. Even if you do get a judgement, it's not always a sure thing that you'll ever see any money out of it, either.

Do we have any teammaker body shop guys on here that can cut a guy a break? I mean, it just wouldn't be right for the Green Monster to go out this way. We gotta find a way to help Till out here.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I appreciate the thoughts. We had thought small claims court too, but if it's just some kid I don't know that we'd be able to get anything out of it except a headache.

And if it was just the body work it wouldn't be so bad. Just go find a grill and a front and rear bumper and we can bolt those on. It the mechanical side that I'm worried about. I'm pretty sure the frame is bent out of shape. Plus the radiator is loose and the tranny is probably shot. The guy didn't even take those things into consideration when he made his repair estimate of a couple grand.

I have a buddy who does body work who I'm going to have take a look at it to see what we can do.

And you're right Trans Am, I didn't see it ending like this. I was really thnking more of floating it to the middle of a lake on a barge and shooting a flaming arrow at it. Send it off Viking funeral style.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sorry to hear about the Green Monster. How old is the kid?

Small claims sucks.

My father received a judgement against an uninsured motorist, and ended up getting about $75 out of the deal. The judgement was for over $3,500, but they decided they didn't want to pay it. Not much could be done.

Sorry to hear about your tailgating rig mishap, it shouldn't happen to anyone's tailgating rig. If you or anyone is in need of paint, Sturdevant's Refinish Supply on main ave. is the place to go. Go there and talk with Bill. He's a former football player & a great guy. We got some green paint & yellow pinstripe there last year for our rig & it turned out great.

Hope this helps.

Luther Collision on 32nd did a kick-ass job on my car when I was rear-ended this past winter (They even fixed my broken side mirror and cleaned my interior free of charge). But this was a 2001 Mazda Protege, not the multi-ton Green Monster, so I can't say for sure if it would work for you.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Till. DUIs are a real problem in this state.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

So what is the word on the Green Monster? Will we be seeing it out tailgating for the first game?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]