Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marlee Finley

Default Ali Collins

Collins is being dubbed the top point in the state
    Last edited by SDHoopsfromSDSUFan; 04-30-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Mandan has an unbelievable program. NDSU sure hasn't had any luck recruiting Mandan... only one player that I can remember and she transferred.

Anyway, the state tourney is in Fargo next year - I'd say the odds of Mandan making it are pretty good.

Didn't the coaches daughter come to NDSU? Amundson......Jayne or something like that?

Other than her I can't think of anyone else.

According to the NDHSAA website, the 2008 tourney is in Bismarck for Class A Boys and Girls and the Class B boys will be in Fargo. And yes I believe Greg's daughter Jaye did play at NDSU (or UND?) not too sure.
    Last edited by SDHoopsfromSDSUFan; 04-26-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Didn't the coaches daughter come to NDSU? Amundson......Jayne or something like that?

Other than her I can't think of anyone else.
    I seem to remember a name similar to Jayne Amundson that played at NDSU sometime in the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I seem to remember a name similar to Jayne Amundson that played at NDSU sometime in the past decade.
    I was thinking of Mary Perizzo so Jaye Amundson makes two (can't believe I forgot a fellow Mandanite... er Mandaner?).

You're right about the tourney too... 2008-09 is Fargo, next year is in Bismarck (but, hey, maybe there'll be a new arena by then).

NDSU_grad is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    You might be getting Jaye Amundson and Jayne Even mixed up. They played together on the team that was national runner-up (2000?). I got 'em confused all the time.

Fargo Shanley has a great program and hopefully NDSU is looking there, and yes it was Jay but she didn't amount to squat. I guess I'm impartial b/c my wife played on the 1996 Shanley championship team, against Jay Amundson
    Shanley/Mandan is a huge rivalry, haha!!

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    Fargo Shanley has a great program and hopefully NDSU is looking there, and yes it was Jay but she didn't amount to squat. I guess I'm impartial b/c my wife played on the 1996 Shanley championship team, against Jay Amundson
    Shanley/Mandan is a huge rivalry, haha!!
    Hasn't Shanley struggled the last few years prior to Tim Jacobson being brought in?

It's difficult to argue the fact of Mandan having rivalries at this point considering that they beat their opponents on average of over 34 points per game last year and outscored their opponents by more then 850 points. Let's be honest, this Mandan's world and the rest of the teams are just living in it.

Shanley has three girls 6'1" plus coming back next year. All three need to add weight and get quicker if they hope to play at the level of an NDSU. They will give Mandan a run for their money next season.