Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Northeastern Game Thread

mikelsch Guest

Default Re: Northeastern Game Thread

The passing game will need to improve for NDSU to win the challenging games that are coming up. Teams are going to start loading up the box again like we saw last year.

BisonMav Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie
    The passing game will need to improve for NDSU to win the challenging games that are coming up. *Teams are going to start loading up the box again like we saw last year.
    Passing game was close on Saturday. Eliminate some dropped passes and overthrows, and it will look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    I'm pretty sure Symeon Cabell stayed in the game and carried the ball on the play after he got injured
    Yes

We noticed that he was holding his shoulder after that play and looked like he was dazed because he wandered around and did not join the huddle until the last second. *My friend says, "jeez, I hope they dont give him the ball", which of course is what happened.

533 In a row

After seeing the game yesterday, the team looked solid but I think they'll need to step it up for the remainder of the schedule. I realize they've been off for a few weeks after an easy CSP game, but I think they'll need to step up the passing game (as already mentioned) and be a little less conservative on play calling. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonranch
    After seeing the game yesterday, the team looked solid but I think they'll need to step it up for the remainder of the schedule. *I realize they've been off for a few weeks after an easy CSP game, but I think they'll need to step up the passing game (as already mentioned) and be a little less conservative on play calling. *Thoughts?
    I think the playcalling has been conservative by design, so far. No need to show your cards if you don't need to.

Did I read that right somewhere, only one down of sending more than four at the QB in the Northeastern game?? I think the defense still has a LOT up their sleeves.

14/23 passing will not get the job done in a WCO against the likes of Ball State, UC-Davis, Cal-Poly, and Minnesota. Same goes with putting the ball on the turf three times. Same goes with virtually no return game on special teams (although I don't mind having good hands on punt returns).

Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Dobie
    How bad was Cabel injured?
    Bisonzone story on Cabell- http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?p...&id=140167

Looks like Brower will move back to offense and take the #3 RB spot.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved