Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UND to stay DII??

Default UND to stay DII??

Looks like Kupchella might have the ammo he needs to keep UND in DII. Here is the link to UND's survey on going DI.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/14537212.htm
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: UND to stay DII??

THANKS FOR THE LINK+++++++++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

met1990 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was a similar survey conducted before NDSU went D-I? I'd be interested in seeing how those figures stack up.

Yes there was a survey done at NDSU.

533 In a row

Default NDSU's Marketing Survey

Yep, NDSU did a marketing survey. You'll have to dig a bit to find what you want.

http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/ndsu/news/..._MarketRes.pdf

However, there is no way to compare NDSU's survey to UND's because NDSU asked more general questions and UND asked for a yea or nay on the whole DI deal. Plus UND hasn't released their survey yet and all we have is the Herald's summary.

You can see from NDSU's survey that support for a DI move wasn't overwhelming.

met1990 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks Tony. I haven't read this since it first came out. It's interesting to take a look back.

If UND were to go Division I in all sports, 90 percent of season ticketholders said it had better have a conference affiliation first.

Why did they even ask this question? Waiting to make a D-I move until you're asked to join a D-I conference is like sitting by the phone waiting to get asked to the prom, without bothering to meet people. It's not impossible, but very, very unlikely.

Getting people to see things your way requires leadership. It's like being in sales: if you're ambivalent about your product, customers will be ambivalent about it too. "Hey, wanna buy some widgets? They're OK, I guess. I mean they hardly ever fall apart, and they don't look too bad, considering..." Not a very impressive sales pitch.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hmm, 73% of faculty and 56% of the season ticket holders, believe that UND should stay at the DII level.

Very suprising results, which show that the so called experts that come on this board really don't have a clue!!

kchats Guest

The Sioux posters on this board are in the minority at UND. They are the football fans interested in going division I.

Look for Kupchella to keep putting something to the NCAA about allowing UND to only move football up to I-AA every year until he finally retires or leaves. That is the only group that wants to go division I at UND. Hockey is there and doesn't want to share and the men's and women's basketball teams want to think they can compete for national championships.

kchats Guest

If you watch the clip on WDAZ's news tonight you will see that UND is going to continue milking this for as long as they can. *Now they are going to talk to Alumni and Grand Forks business's to see if they can afford the move. *Sounds like Bunning wants a consultant hired to study it further. *I wonder if he was told they would be moving to division I when he was hired(he never mentioned it but he said he wants to see where they can get the money and believes they can, which sounds like study this further to me). *I also wonder if he leaves if they stay division II because of this and the nickname flap he was thrown in to.