Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scandrett gets hired at Lincoln

Default Scandrett gets hired at Lincoln

Well, the former MSUM athletic director got hired by Lincoln College in Pennsylvania (per the local fish wrap). They're a D-III school who are in the process of moving up to D-II. Still not sure what happened to him at MSUM but he seems to have landed on his feet. Good luck, and IMO good riddance.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Scandrett gets hired at Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka
    Well, the former MSUM athletic director got hired by Lincoln College in Pennsylvania (per the local fish wrap). *They're a D-III school who are in the process of moving up to D-II. *Still not sure what happened to him at MSUM but he seems to have landed on his feet. *Good luck, and IMO good riddance.
    For those of us not familiar with MSUM, why do you say good riddance? And for anyone else, what did happen to him at MSUM?

IowaBison Guest

He talked big and did not deliver.

His management style was not appreciated by those at MSUM.

The fact that they let him go mid-contract-he only had a year left-signifies that something really stank in Dragonland.

His style was not cohesive with this area. He is all talk...never had one position for more than four years

Quote Originally Posted by NorthDakotaBison
    He talked big and did not deliver. *

His management style was not appreciated by those at MSUM.

The fact that they let him go mid-contract-he only had a year left-signifies that something really stank in Dragonland.

MSUM is a very hard place to work. I wish I could remember his full and corrent name, name but a young and up coming guy from Slippery Rock who played football for them and was into sports adminstration worked at MSUM for about two years as a developement person or a fund raisier depending on his offical job title. He left after two years and went to New Mexico U and as I recall. I think his name was David Slobechek.. David *was a regional reporter for D2football.com for a while also. *I recall he voiced his frustration over on the D2 board after leaving MSUM and the firing of the prior AD. Dave caught the first train out of Moorhead too, and lets face it, its hard to get any financial committment out of the Moorhead Community when they have been big Bison Boosters for years. With out money raised, you dont have much of a program. No doubt Dr. Scrandett had problems fitting in and having worked for other predominately white institutions, he should have been able to read people better and not make everyone his enemy which based on what little has been printed had apparently happened. Dr. Scandett might have been smart to listen and listen good before he acted. I hope he can learn from this as he does have a good resume. I dont think any one has to stay 10 to 15 years on a job to prove himself. The fact that he left the previous jobs after a short period of time might also reflect that others recognized his talents and offered him a job. I wish Dr Scandrett the best.

To all concerned good luck and have a fine day. It was best for the Dragons.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Bison_Dan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUFAN
    MSUM is a very hard place to work. I wish I could *remember his full and corrent name, name but a young and up coming guy from Slippery Rock who played football for them and was into sports adminstration worked at MSUM for about two years as a developement person or a fund raisier depending on his offical job title. He left after two years and went to New Mexico U and as I recall. I think his name was David Slobechek.. David *was a regional reporter for D2football.com for a while also. *I recall he voiced his frustration over on the D2 board after leaving MSUM and the firing of the prior AD. Dave caught the first train out of Moorhead too, and lets face it, its hard to get any financial committment out of the Moorhead Community when they have been big Bison Boosters for years. With out money raised, you dont have much of a program. No doubt Dr. Scrandett had problems fitting in and having worked for other predominately white institutions, he should have been able to read people better and not make everyone his enemy which based on what little has been printed had apparently happened. Dr. Scandett might have been smart to listen and listen good before he acted. I hope he can learn from this as he does have a good resume. I dont think any one has to stay 10 to 15 years on a job to prove himself. The fact that he left the previous jobs after a short period of time might also reflect that others recognized his talents and offered him a job. I wish Dr Scandrett the best.
    You guys are all missing the point on MSUM athletics. It's the PRESIDENT that's problem. He might be a good college president but as far as athletics goes he doesn't give a sh%t about it. He's more concerned about being PC in his running of the athletic dept.

IowaBison Guest

I wouldn't say that Bison Dan.

He went so far as to waive tuition for a number of scholarships to give the athletic department something to work with. No anti-athletic president would do that.

kchats Guest

Moorhead State needs to drop back to NAIA where they can actually compete. Once they start winning again they will get to where they belong.

I was in remiss for not mentioning the role of the president. I know nothing of the president at MSUM, but look at SDSU and NDSU? The move to D1 has happened because the President was the leader and sold their idea to alums, foundation and students. Apparently that has not happened *at MSUM, as there seems to be revolving doors when it comes to an AD's and some key coaching spots. I thnk waiving tuitions for athletes is a bad idea as it steals from academic budgets. Also not sure how money from the legislature gets to the individual state assisted institutions, but whoever has the authority cant be pleased to see waivers granted to athletes.