Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU basketball players indicted in sexual assault

Default SDSU basketball players indicted in sexual assault

This could get ugly. Heads have rolled for far less, we'll see who weathers this storm. Anyone from an assistant coach to the president of the university could take the fall for this eventually. These things have a way of turning into a witch hunt when terms like "lack of institutional control" inevitably start to be bandied about.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/60620020

BisonMav Guest

Default Re: SDSU basketball players indicted in sexual ass

I read that in the St Paul Pioneer Press this morning.
    Hope things work out for SDSU.

Not that we're looking forward to starting the new school year like this, but this has taken a long time from events to indictment.

Like said, hope the truth comes through and 3 people's lives are not devastated worse than has already occurred.

Mr._Bill Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    This could get ugly. *Heads have rolled for far less, we'll see who weathers this storm. *Anyone from an assistant coach to the president of the university could take the fall for this eventually. *These things have a way of turning into a witch hunt when terms like "lack of institutional control" inevitably start to be bandied about. *

These are the alleged actions of these individuals (they are not convicted, just inditements only), and are not reflective of assistant coaches and school administration. You are way off base. This does not change my opinion of SDSU in any way. This is very unfortunate, but these actions are limited to those involved only. A coach or individual may choose to move on so a page can be turned by the program, but you are off base in assigning accountability and responsibility on coaches and admin at sdsu.

kchats Guest

SDSU suspended the players last year and will kick them off the team completely (if they haven't already done that) if convicted. SDSU runs a good program, bad players happen you deal with them and move on.

According to Coach Nagy, one of the players has left SDSU after completing the spring semester, the other is still at the University awaiting the outcome. Both were suspended and still are suspended from playing with the MBB team.

Any person should be responsible for his/her own actions. I don't think you can hold the coaches, administration, or university at fault for the unfortunate situation. Just as you would not want to be help at fault by your peers if a member of your family made a grave mistake, the same should apply in this situation. I am sure the concern and interest of the Athletic Dept. is constant, but the actions of individuals players cannot be controlled 24/7. Hopefully justice is served in whatever way, and all parties can move on from such a terrible ordeal.
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

89rabbit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by On Bison
    [quote author=Paulie link=1150900352/0#0 date=1150900352]This could get ugly. *Heads have rolled for far less, we'll see who weathers this storm. *Anyone from an assistant coach to the president of the university could take the fall for this eventually. *These things have a way of turning into a witch hunt when terms like "lack of institutional control" inevitably start to be bandied about. *

These are the alleged actions of these individuals (they are not convicted, just inditements only), and are not reflective of assistant coaches and school administration. *You are way off base. *This does not change my opinion of SDSU in any way. *This is very unfortunate, but these actions are limited to those involved only. * A coach or individual may choose to move on so a page can be turned by the program, but you are off base in assigning accountability and responsibility on coaches and admin at sdsu.[/quote]

+++++++
    South Dakota State University
    Jackrabbits

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics2/...0530015132.jpg

[quote author=Paulie link=1150900352/0#0 date=1150900352]This could get ugly. *Heads have rolled for far less, we'll see who weathers this storm. *Anyone from an assistant coach to the president of the university could take the fall for this eventually. *These things have a way of turning into a witch hunt when terms like "lack of institutional control" inevitably start to be bandied about. *

These are the alleged actions of these individuals (they are not convicted, just inditements only), and are not reflective of assistant coaches and school administration. *You are way off base. *This does not change my opinion of SDSU in any way. *This is very unfortunate, but these actions are limited to those involved only. * A coach or individual may choose to move on so a page can be turned by the program, but you are off base in assigning accountability and responsibility on coaches and admin at sdsu.[/quote]

I don't think Paulie was blaming anyone...just saying that these things sometimes come around and get coaches and administrators in trouble. There's a certain lacrosse coach looking for a job right now that would probably agree.

That sounds great from a soap box but the PC brigade doesn't follow that same logic. Just do some research on the situation at the University of Colorado where no indictments were ever handed out yet just the accusations of sexual assault lead to the downfall of the university president, chancellor, athletic director, and head football coach.

I'm not saying it will happen, most likely it won't, but the potential for a sh!t storm is there and it's a huge distraction until it's resolved.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979
    According to Coach Nagy, one of the players has left SDSU after completing the spring semester, the other is still at the University awaiting the outcome. *Both were suspended and still are suspended from playing with the MBB team. *

Any person should be responsible for his/her own actions. *I don't think you can hold the coaches, administration, or university at fault for the unfortunate situation. *Just as you would not want to be help at fault by your peers if a member of your family made a grave mistake, the same should apply in this situation. *I am sure the concern and interest of the Athletic Dept. is constant, but the actions of individuals players cannot be controlled 24/7. *Hopefully justice is served in whatever way, and all parties can move on from such a terrible ordeal.
    I agree with you 100% but the reality is it is still a huge blackeye to the university which is the bad part. *Nothing you can do about that but let time pass and move it to the history bin.