Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickname problems

Bison_Dan Guest

Default Nickname problems

I see a article in the gf herald says that MN, Iowa, & Wis. won't play the sioux in any sports except hockey because of their name. Too bad! ;D ;D

http://www.grandforksherald.com/arti...p;section=News

IowaBison Guest

Default Re: Nickname problems

So Minnesota won't play them in any sport other than hockey........

Still not enough to make them change their name, but that's probably half million dollars worth of guarantee money and publicity lost each year.........

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That news report was on the radio this morning also. That decision has to be a huge blow to UND. The Gophers have to be the #1 choice for scheduling. Heck, I still think about the Bison-Gopher football game in the Metrodome!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver
    That news report was on the radio this morning also. *That decision has to be a huge blow to UND. *The Gophers have to be the #1 choice for scheduling. *Heck, I still think about the Bison-Gopher football game in the Metrodome!!
    +++++++++
    I'll be there next year!

Bison_Dan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy
    [quote author=RedRiver link=1166535842/0#2 date=1166537992]That news report was on the radio this morning also. *That decision has to be a huge blow to UND. *The Gophers have to be the #1 choice for scheduling. *Heck, I still think about the Bison-Gopher football game in the Metrodome!!
    +++++++++
    I'll be there next year![/quote]

Me too. Most fun I've ever had at a Bison game. (and I've been to quite a few). I haven't talked to anyone that was there that isn't going back. This is a HUGH blow to und.

IowaBison Guest

maybe a reason to stay DII.........

(I kid, I kid)

The straw that will break the camel's back

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan
    I see a article in the gf herald says that MN, Iowa, & Wis. won't play the sioux in any sports except hockey because of their name. *Too bad! * ;D ;D

And if anyone paid attention when they announced the delay of the trial of the lawsuit that the "Judge" recommended that sides try to come to an agreement by changing the logo/nickname. When the Judge makes a recommendation it could mean that he sees the writing on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison
    [quote author=Bison Dan link=1166535842/0#0 date=1166535842]I see a article in the gf herald says that MN, Iowa, & Wis. won't play the sioux in any sports except hockey because of their name. *Too bad! * ;D ;D

And if anyone paid attention when they announced the delay of the trial of the lawsuit that the "Judge" recommended that sides try to come to an agreement by changing the logo/nickname. *When the Judge makes a recommendation it could mean that he sees the writing on the wall. *[/quote]
    Yeah, and to think the "Judge" is a UND grad. *To early to tell, though. *Maybe he just wants to prolong the name thing so the Sioux can continue to host post-season events. *Although, the way their hockey team is playing this year, they won't have to worry about that one. *Maybe for women's basketball.
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope

Quote Originally Posted by westriverbison

The straw that will break the camel's back
    ;D ;D ;DThat's a big straw! What do you suck with that thing?
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope