Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal-Poly GWFC member news

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Cal-Poly GWFC member news

I'd love to hear some news about what our friends at Cal-Poly are doing during the off season (football). I know some of their fans visit Bisonville.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Cal-Poly GWFC member news

I can't believe Slo-Stangs not jumped on this yet. Must be on vacation...

I don't know what they're doing, but I bet they'll be ready to go.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Cal Poly's spring practice should really be called winter practice seeing that it ran form Feb. 15th through March 6th. *Ellerson does this is because it then gives the team over five months of unenterupted conditioning and gives any players with spring injuries time to heal before summer camp. *The draw back is that JC transfers do not get to go through spring (winter) practice. *This is not usualy a big problem with Cal Poly seeing they do not bring in very many JC players and if they do they often red shirt them. *This year the brought in two, an offensive lineman and a defensive back.

Cal Poly has a new strength and conditioning coach this year that came from San Diego State. *From what I have heard he is pushing the team hard. *Spring quarter end June 9th and the team will get a one week break before summer conditioning starts. *Last year they had over 90% of the returning players in the summer program.

I have talked to a few players and they feel that they should have made a deeper run in the playoffs. *They put so much into getting their first win in Montana they did not have the same intensity against Texas State. *They feel that they have a team that can go all the way this year, but they also realize that they have a tough schedule with two IA games and trips to Weber State, Montana and NDSU and home games against Davis and SDSU.

Should be a great season for the GWFC. *What is the news with the NDSU football program?

Thanks for the news SloStang!

There's a thread under the Football forum titled 'Big Questions' that brings up the major concerns for NDSU.

The biggest question for NDSU is the D line, as there will be one transfer from Auburn and two JuCo's that will be fighting for starting spots. Beyond that, NDSU is returning quite a few starters, with the exception of the corners (but there's some good talent and more importantly speed there).

The biggest question for Cal Poly is how they will do replacing their two defensive ends Chris Gocong and Matt Chacere . *They have two juniors that have seen playing time the last two years and they have two Rfr who they are hoping will jump ahead of the juniors. *Gocong and Chacere's production on defense will be missed, but overall the defense returns eight starters, six of which are seniors. *If they are able to do a good job replacing the DE position, the defense should be even stronger than last year.

As far as offense goes, they will be young. *Seven soph. and one Rfr are expected to start. *Five of the soph. started by the end of last season and include RB James Noble, WR Ramses Barden, C Stephen Field which were all first team All-GWFC. *The other two of the five are WR/KR Tredale Tolver and QB Matt Brennan. *If Cal Poly is to have the type of year they think they are capable of, Matt Brennan will have to step up his play. *He has a strong arm, but needs to work on his touch on the long ball.

Cal Poly has a Rfr that they are really high on and they are actualy changing their offense around to get him on the field. *His name is Jon Hall and he is 6'3" 235 and he will play the newly created position of H-Back (a mix of TE and FB that the Washington Redskins use). *He is very fast for his size and according to a coach I talked to he has the best hands on the team. *I am anxious to see how he does.

My biggest concern is that we may have a better team than last year, but they might not make the playoffs with the schedule they have. *If they lose both IA games that means that they really can only lose one I-AA game. *That will be tough going with back to back road games with Montana and NDSU not to mention tough games against Weber State, UC Davis and SDSU. *Hopefully they can get a win against San Jose State.

I can not wait.

I stopped by the stadium today. It is going to look nice, at least the new side, when it is completed. I have heard it is on time, but if it is there is a lot of work to be done in only three months. They are working on the forms that will be the flooring of the pressbox/sky boxes. It should look a lot better than it did in 2005 when you next visit in 2007.

It looks like I will not be able to make it to Fargo this year for the game unless I want to end up in divorce court. I am going to all threee in state games against San Jose State, Sac State and San Diego State and have already booked tickets for Montana where I will be joining a group of ten friends. If I were to go to Fargo that would make three straight road games in three consecutive weeks. My wife said that to much time to be away from the family and I had to agree.. I will have to make it there in 2008.

I was really looking forward to meeting some of the great Bison posters at the tailgate before the game. Looks like I will become a premium Bison member on bisonville.com so I can get the video streaming of the game. I hope to meet some of you in SLO in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by SloStang
    It looks like I will not be able to make it to Fargo this year for the game unless I want to end up in divorce court. *I am going to all threee in state games against San Jose State, Sac State and San Diego State and have already booked tickets for Montana where I will be joining a group of ten friends. *If I were to go to Fargo that would make three straight road games in three consecutive weeks. *My wife said that to much time to be away from the family and I had to agree.. *I will have to make it there in 2008.

I was really looking forward to meeting some of the great Bison posters at the tailgate before the game. *Looks like I will become a premium Bison member on bisonville.com so I can get the video streaming of the game. *I hope to meet some of you in SLO in 2007.
    Better get that premium membership on gobison.com, not bisonville.com. AFAIK, a premium membership on Bisonville.com might get you a free beer from Tony, but no live video of the game.

I might have to make it to SLO in 07.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope to see you at the game in '07.