Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BISON BASEBALL #12 in nation!!

Default BISON BASEBALL #12 in nation!!

Check this out!! from gobison.com

Bison Strength of Schedule Index Soars:

North Dakota State head coach Mitch McLeod knew his 2006 baseball schedule was tougher than last year’s, but it was a surprise last week when the Bison ranked 12th in the country in WarrenNolan.com’s strength of schedule report after a 1-16 start. That stretch included a three-game set at Wichita State, three games at Kentucky, two games at Creighton, and three games at Kansas State—four teams who have jumped into the national polls with a combined record of 74 wins and 18 losses through Sunday

amazing.. huh.... if MINNESOTA was it's typical self and havoring the top 25.. this wouldve been even higher!!

GO BISON!!! ha ha

Default Re: BISON BASEBALL #12 in nation!!

Apparently only in baseball can a team be 1-16 and "#12 in the nation".

#12 strength of schedule. unreal. Their schedule is way too stacked. They have had a lot of close games but just can't get over the hump.

Just think if the football team played Division 1 teams that were ranked in the top 30 or so, it would be ugly, not that the baseball team's season is pretty.

Maybe next year they should think about scheduling it a little more realistic and get a few more W's. If I were an incoming freshman I would be fired up to play those teams but 10-40 is a long season.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico
    Apparently only in baseball can a team be 1-16 and "#12 in the nation".
    If you would have paid attention to his post it didn't say 12th ranked based on Wins and Losses but 12 ranked in terms of SOS (strength of schedule) for those who can read.

I agree the SOS is ridculous. I think at a point last year the schedule was in the top ten during the sprink break stretch. The schedule is difficult but the baseball team is a year or two away from being a .500 team. There is a lack of depth, but the talent in the starting lineup between the Bison and their opponents is not as losided as the record shows. Still, to quote Bill Parcell's "You are what you are." So lets win some games this weekend at UNI. But I still think the baseball team (within the next two years I hope ) will turn some heads.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker
    If you would have paid attention to his post it didn't say 12th ranked based on Wins and Losses but 12 ranked in terms of SOS (strength of schedule) for those who can read.

Why do I have to pay attention to the post?

The thread title said "BISON BASEBALL #12 in the nation!!"

Maybe the thread title should be changed to something more accurate like "BISON BASEBALL #12 in the nation in SOS!!"

A little deceiving for my taste. I got all excited thinking our baseball team was actually doing something on the positive side.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You make a good point, the title does tend to make one think otherwise.

Sticks Guest

Edited by Admin: UND talk goes on the Smack board - unlike Bison fans, you get unlimited posts there, but that doesn't mean you can bring smack to the main board.

mikelsch Guest

Ignore the trolls

Admin: hehe, just let me kwno and you won't have to ignore them, I'll edit offending posts until they stop on their own (or they get banned).

Jeffdaryl3rd Guest

I like this long arm of the law/big brother tactic to ridding the boards of random und-2 talk. Way to go tony!