Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 HOME BASEBALL GAMES?!??

Default 7 HOME BASEBALL GAMES?!??

im not counting the 2 games vs Very $#$tty State.... but YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!?!?

probably the top 25 stadium in Division 1 and we cant get more than 7 D 1 games/!?!

that is a TRAVESTY!!!..

Cmon GENE TAYLOR!!! whats the deal here!?!? Our Baseball Program could THRIVE in the future if we showcased that STADIUM MORE!!!

Default Re: 7 HOME BASEBALL GAMES?!??

Very Shitty State... That's a GOOD one!! I've never heard that one before. ;D ;D ;D
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Its kind of hard to play baseball outdoors in Fargo during March and most years April.

533 In a row

It is hard to play baseball in this part of the country in March and April. It's no fun for the athletes and certainly no fun for the fans. It's no wonder baseball is on the chopping block at so many schools.

I realize there are no "summer sports" for NCAA athletics. But, both baseball and softball would be a lot more athlete-friendly and fan-friendly if they were played during the summer.

Can you imagine coaches trying to recruit a kid from Texas to come north and play baseball or softball in 30 degree weather?

How would you guys feel about cutting baseball and softball to save money?

The Big Sky doesn't support either of them (for the reasons mentioned above).

NO NO .
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Mr._Bill Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MplsBison
    How would you guys feel about cutting baseball and softball to save money?

The Big Sky doesn't support either of them (for the reasons mentioned above).
    Baseball is a major sport with signficant national interest. There is no support from me for cutting it. The sport is growing at NDSU and conference affiliation will be huge when it happens, whether it's own main conference or a baseball only conf for us. We also have a great facility to help recruiting. Cutting baseball . . . very bad idea, IMO.

Gamehunter Guest

I think that because NDSU has one of the best stadiums in the country right on campus, it would be a shame to not have a baseball team to play in it.

The RedHawks would still play there during that season.

It's not like the people of Fargo would not have the chance to view some great baseball at that great facility.

mikelsch Guest

Softball will never be cut. Women's sports are sacred cows in the eyes of the NCAA.