Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oral Roberts & Bball KEY to NDSU!

Default Oral Roberts & Bball KEY to NDSU!

talked to Tom Douple at presser.

He said "mr roberts spent 5 minutes at Newman Outdoor Stadium and said, NDSU has my vote, period!"

I think Mr Roberts is VERY VERY influential to say the least..

SO give some props to Baseball program for cementing this MID CON DEAL!!

Default Re: Oral Roberts & Bball KEY to NDSU!

How about ERV INNIGER HE RAISED THE MONEY TO GET IT BUILT.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Getting into the Mid-Con is really big for the baseball program, it should ensure NDSU has a fair amount of home games and I have got to believe the Mid-Con will hold the conferene tourney at Newman quite often.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent
    Getting into the Mid-Con is really big for the baseball program, it should ensure NDSU has a fair amount of home games and I have got to believe the Mid-Con will hold the conferene tourney at Newman quite often.
    This may be, but don't count on winning many/if any baseball tournaments with ORU in the mix. They are a national power (I hate to admit, having played against them for 4 years in baseball myself), that is typically in the top 20 every year for the bulk of the season.

It boils down to the north/south difference, where they can practice outside every day for pretty much the whole year, and receive many southern players who are top notch (don't know about anyone's knowledge of college baseball, but players down here tend to have more success in baseball, much like the north does with basketball). You typically only see one northern/midwest team in the top 25 each year, with that being Notre Dame, who we happened to beat when I was playing, when they were #1 in the nation!

Quote Originally Posted by valpotx
    [quote author=NDSUstudent link=1157057520/0#2 date=1157085479]Getting into the Mid-Con is really big for the baseball program, it should ensure NDSU has a fair amount of home games and I have got to believe the Mid-Con will hold the conferene tourney at Newman quite often.
    This may be, but don't count on winning many/if any baseball tournaments with ORU in the mix. *They are a national power (I hate to admit, having played against them for 4 years in baseball myself), that is typically in the top 20 every year for the bulk of the season. *

It boils down to the north/south difference, where they can practice outside every day for pretty much the whole year, and receive many southern players who are top notch (don't know about anyone's knowledge of college baseball, but players down here tend to have more success in baseball, much like the north does with basketball). *You typically only see one northern/midwest team in the top 25 each year, with that being Notre Dame, who we happened to beat when I was playing, when they were #1 in the nation![/quote]

I know of the North-South difference in college baseball and I would be pleased just to play ORU in the conference finals and be competitive. The program has a ways to go but just getting into the Mid-Con should give NDSU a big boast at being a competitive DI baseball program.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

ORU_sisko Guest

Alot of us (oru baseball guys) were pulling for both Dakota schools....
    the schools (dakota's) seem to take pride in the baseball programs, and will give ORU more legitmacy while playing (and beating hopefully!) a school that takes baseball as serious as we do. Playing chicago state every year was a killer, because the administration leaves these guys out to dry with no resources...
    it always left us with a lower seeding in the NCAA then we deserved....
    Welcome to the mid-con...
    look forward to some quality ball games...
    (and FYI, one of our top administators is from either NDSU or SDSU( not sure which one but she tutored me few summers back)

mikelsch Guest

I hope the NDSU administration will take baseball more seriously and fund it appropriately to put a winning product on the field. *With a conference in place, one would think the clock is ticking on the current coaching staff. *

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie
    I hope the NDSU administration will take baseball more seriously and fund it appropriately to put a winning product on the field. *With a conference in place, one would think the clock is ticking on the current coaching staff. *
    You commented before I could on this one. We have the facilities now lets get the players some help with coaching. The current staff just isn't getting it done period.

ORU_sisko Guest

You guys could hire Joe Torre and it wouldn't prevent the inevitable from happening to you when we roll into town!!!!!!
    (Just playing, but we might as well get the smack talking going now!)

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ORU sisko
    You guys could hire Joe Torre and it wouldn't prevent the inevitable from happening to you when we roll into town!!!!!!
    (Just playing, but we might as well get the smack talking going now!)
    I think the move to the Mid-Con and with competition and fans like this I believe our Baseball program will take on a new attitude and if we don't compete fairly quickly I can see some coaching moves being made. With the Redhawks in town the fans here know what quality baseball is all about and won't continue to accept what we have been getting in results from this coaching staff.