broke_back_mnt Guest

Default Twins win division!!

Home field baby. Oakland. 8-)

Default Re: Twins win division!!

+++++++++++++++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Those Pirahnas are fun to watch!

On a side note, did anyone watch ESPN and hear Jeff Brantley and John Kruk bashing/discounting the Twins? According to those two airheads, Morneau is not an MVP...Derek Jeter is. It made me nauseous listening to their East Coast bias and Yankee homer BS!

It was great to see Joe Mauer come through with a couple of hits on the final day to edge out Jeter for the AL batting title.

533 In a row

mikelsch Guest

Go Yankees

Sticks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie
    Go Yankees
    Think I speak for Twins fans everywhere when I respond to that comment with a.....

Yankees are a bunch of pukes!!!!!!! I'd like to see what Steinbrener could do with the same payroll as the Twins/Oakland. He flat-out wouldn't make the playoffs while having a severe melt-down at the same time. Kruk and Brantley can kiss my hairy white a**. I would love nothing more than to see the Tigers sweep the Yanks.

This whole subway series crap is just that - crap! ESPN is already calling it. Who cares about New York? No way the Mets win the pennant. Mark my words. Not to mention the Twins win the pennant. I'm calling the Twins and the Dodgers. Pretty much sucks that because the Twins and Oakland are small-market teams, they're relegated to playing in the afternoon during the whole series. But, it's all about the money, isn't it?
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope

Here's a breakdown of the number of picks for each team from the 17 ESPN "experts":

Team * * * * * * * World Series * * Pennant
    Twins * * * * * * * * * * * *7 * * * * * * * * 9
    Yankees * * * * * * * * * *6 * * * * * * * * 6
    Oakland * * * * * * * * * *2 * * * * * * * * 2
    Mets * * * * * * * * * * * * *1 * * * * * * * * 8
    Dodgers * * * * * * * * * *1 * * * * * * * **5
    Padres * * * * * * * * * * *0 * * * * * * * * 4
    Cards * * * * * * * * * * * *0 * * * * * * * * 0

Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playof...ory?id=2610409
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope

Mr._Bill Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 02Bison
    Those Pirahnas are fun to watch! *

On a side note, did anyone watch ESPN and hear Jeff Brantley and John Kruk bashing/discounting the Twins? *According to those two airheads, Morneau is not an MVP...Derek Jeter is. *It made me nauseous listening to their East Coast bias and Yankee homer BS! *
    Another reason to hate Brantley, although I didn't need another. The only way to shut those guys up is to win it all. Too bad HR is no longer with the group, he had some respect for the small market.

I hope the Twins lose. Kind of wierd saying this but if for some reason they get in the World Series the NDSU - U of M football game will go from a near packed dome to a echoing beast with 20,000 to 30,000 fans on Friday night. It will screw up thousands of hotel bookings and take away the focus of what could have been a huge game for coverage in the Minnepolis area. Yeah the Twins made a great effort to win the division, but why the heck is baseball still going on in late October. Too many regular season games in MLB. The season drags on. If they want to have it that late then they should make other arrangements if there are schedule issues. I believe the Bison - Gopher game has been scheduled for a year and a half now. I know it is only a possibility, but I would take the Bison beating the Gophers in the dome over the Twins winning the World Series. I would hope most NDSU fans would feel the same way. Sorry all you avid Twins fans, but in my mind football trumps baseball, especially in the fall. So heres wishing an early Twins departure. OK they can win the 5 game series, whatever they call it, but then lose the AL pennant.