Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dr." Mitch McLeod Needs to be FIRED!!!

Default "Dr." Mitch McLeod Needs to be FIRED!!!

First off, I did have the "pleasure" of playing for Mitch. During my years in the program, it was clear to me and the other players that Mitch was not a good coach. At best he was a mediocre DII coach, and he definitely has no business coaching at the DI level. In an interview this week Mitch said he was "baffled" after UND beat NDSU, a game which they were ouplayed, outcoached and outclassed. He has always been baffled when it comes to baseball, but now he has publicly admitted it. He doesn't do a good job recruiting and can't evaluate talent. He's had some success, (little if any can be credited to him), because he was lucky to have some talented players and upperclassmen that took control and provided leadership for the team. With that success, there has also been a history of inconsistency and underachievement that he can take credit for. He runs a program that lacks discipline and structure and combine that with his lack of credentials and credibility as a coach, it really is a joke. Over the years, Mitch's team's regularly get beat in games they should win, by lesser talented teams that are better coached. It is frustrating as a player when your coach is letting you and your team down because he doesn't care enough about what he is doing and doesn't want to do anything to correct problems that directly affect the outcome on the field.

To take a look at this year, even at the DI level the Bison have been in games they could have won, and would've won with a better coach. NDSU baseball has a chance to be competitive to an extent at the DI level, but not with Mitch McLeod as the coach.

Default Re: "Dr." Mitch McLeod Needs to be FIRED

Amen Brother!! 1 Conference Title in 12 yrs. He has no idea how to run a bullpen, teach hitting, or defense. If my team consistently had 4 or more errors a game I'd be hitting them grounders till midnite. This team lacks motivation and leadership and that starts with the good "Dr." on down. No way he was ready for D1...

JBB Guest

I dont know anything about this coach but I do think an endowment should be built to assure good salries and the best coaches possible. They are faculty and they are teaching. I also feel that NDSU should commit itself to funding higher salaries across the board for all professors.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Let's see how they finish the season!

first off, I don't know jack $hit about baseball, but can NDSU really compete with any DI? There is no way they can recruit with teams down south because of the weather, and baseball isn't even a focused sport within the university.

Someone sell me of my ignorancy, and explain why and how NDSU can compete!

Our critics contridict themselves. NDSU won last season so he had good players or he coached them up. So either he recruited good players or he can coach. I like the freshman players.

The reality is that chronic losing creates issues be them real or imagined. No one playing on an athletic team is entitled to anything, being a representative and wearing the uniform is reward enough. If a player doesn't like it they can quit or transfer somewhere else.

Competing in any sport as an independent is difficult. Any real success will not occur until a conf. affiliation is arranged.

This merely displays the amount of difference between D1/D2/NAIA and the obstacles to be overcome.

D1 will have a common start date of March 1st within the next three years, that with league membership will help.

I agree with Pedro. Last year's team had a number of senior and this year is sort of a rebuilding year. Lets give Mitch a little time to get acclimated to DI.

The game I saw in Kansas State was one where NDSU was compeating well with the Wildcats but had a couple of errors and bad pitches to allow K-State to win 11-5.

In looking at the starting lineup, I think there were five freshman in it.

come on people give the man a chance. it takes time and it wasn't not long ago we were playing on a makeshift field were the dome is now. we have not been a baseball tradition school. let mitch build his program.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Gamehunter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JBB
    I dont know anything about this coach but I do think an endowment should be built to assure good salries and the best coaches possible. They are faculty and they are teaching. I also feel that NDSU should commit itself to funding higher salaries across the board for all professors.
    It's being worked on; can only do one step at a time.....

JBB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico
    first off, I don't know jack $hit about baseball, but can NDSU really compete with any DI? *There is no way they can recruit with teams down south because of the weather, and baseball isn't even a focused sport within the university. *

Someone sell me of my ignorancy, and explain why and how NDSU can compete! *
    We can play baseball outside. We can work on all of our techniques inside and then play outside. Cold weather baseball is played in a lot of places. Cold weather players dont get as much field time but there are a lot of them in the pros.

Who cares if we lost most of our games this yr. It was a tough season but it was only our first in Division I. I thought we had a great schedule and I hope we can play most of those teams again. Im sure we can at least hope for five hundred ball in five yrs?