Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big 12 Conference minus 2 teams

Default Big 12 Conference minus 2 teams

Hey Bison fans, I was just wondering what your opinion would be "IF" NDSU and SDSU joined the Big 12 Conference for baseball. In my opinion, I would love to see it, because I was born in Fargo, and would like to see NDSU join a great baseball conference. I always thought it was strange that there is only 10 schools in the Big 12 that play baseball, so why not fill those other 2 spots.

Default Re: Big 12 Conference minus 2 teams

I dont see much of a chance since next spring we will be in the Mid Continent Conference.

533 In a row

Conferences usually don't take on associate members unless they are pretty short of full members for a sport. 10 teams out of 12 isn't all that short. Now for field hockey, the Big Ten only has 7 out of 11 teams that play it, that might be a situation where they would look for an associate member. But NDSU already has a baseball home.

Mr._Bill Guest

Yeah, I'm sure that Big XII offer is on the table. Even if it was, too little too late.

Jeffdaryl3rd Guest

The Big 10 also has 10 teams for baseball (Wisconsin dropped their program) and I think that would be a more appropriate conference for us if we were to be added to a conference for baseball only. Having said that, I think Gene needs to up the funding for the program significantly and we need to win in the Mid-Con before we considered anything like that.

Mr._Bill Guest

How many schollies are the bison offering in 2007?

Big 12 has four teams ranked.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Jeffdaryl3rd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by On Bison
    How many schollies are the bison offering in 2007?
    I've heard it was five, but I'm not sure. That seems like the same amount as it was a couple years ago, but then again I don't really know.

I wish OPE gave expenses info on every sport.

Jeffdaryl3rd Guest

That would be nice. I think that there is no real mystery that it would show baseball needs to be more fully funded.