Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theres Refuge for Bison Baseball

Default Theres Refuge for Bison Baseball

Interesting read:

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...Jeff%20Kolpack

Next year, the Bison will travel to the University of Oklahoma for three games and the University of Kansas for four games.

Oklahoma is picking up NDSU’s bus tab.

“We can’t afford not to take it,” McLeod said. “It’s the situation we’re in. Because of the NDSU athletic budget – I understand we have to put money into football, basketball and women’s sports – I realize where we are. With our travel, we have to take the best offers we can get.”

NDSUFREAK10 Guest

Default Re: Theres Refuge for Bison Baseball

THANK YOU SOONERS!! ++++++++++++++++

89rabbit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What no mention of SDSU and our 16-12 record (with wins over the Big XII - Kansas and Mo Valley - Indiana State, Creighton, and Missouri State). * *;D

Go State! *
    South Dakota State University
    Jackrabbits

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics2/...0530015132.jpg

Jeffdaryl3rd Guest

How do you consider being forced to take road games so the team can afford to play games to be a refuge? Sounds more like pathetic treatment of the team to me. Just underscores the completely BS way the program is getting treated at present.

I'm pretty sure the refuge is the Mid-Con, which will help reduce some of those trips like OU and KU.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by 89rabbit
    What no mention of SDSU and our 16-12 record (with wins over the Big XII - Kansas and Mo Valley - Indiana State, Creighton, and Missouri State). * *;D
    Anybody heard about how well SDSU's softball team has been lately?
    Rabbit, I would start casting stones when some of your teams haven't been doing well either.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBison05
    [quote author=89rabbit link=1176615863/0#2 date=1176662577]What no mention of SDSU and our 16-12 record (with wins over the Big XII - Kansas and Mo Valley - Indiana State, Creighton, and Missouri State). * *;D
    Anybody heard about how well SDSU's softball team has been lately?
    Rabbit, I would start casting stones when some of your teams haven't been doing well either.
    [/quote]

It was kind of strange to mention IPFW, but not SDSU. I don't think 89rabbit was saying anything smacky about your baseball team. He was just pointing out that SDSU was omitted.

89rabbit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yea. *I thought the story was good and got the point he was trying to make and understand how bringing up SDSU's success might be counter productive to the tail he was weaving. *However, I still thought it was a little strange that he didn't talk about SDSU at all. *That was my only point, no offense to NDSU intended.

Go State! *

P.S. Our softball team is 11-22, just for the record. *They too have wins over the Missouri Valley (Drake and Creighton), but the Big XII will have to wait until next year.
    South Dakota State University
    Jackrabbits

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics2/...0530015132.jpg

Yea. *I thought the story was good and got the point he was trying to make and understand how bringing up SDSU's success might be counter productive to the tail he was weaving. *However, I still thought it was a little strange that he didn't talk about SDSU at all. *That was my only point, no offense to NDSU intended.

Go State! *

P.S. Our softball team is 11-22, just for the record. *They too have wins over the Missouri Valley (Drake and Creighton), but the Big XII will have to wait until next year.
    My bad, I took that the wrong way. :-[

Go State! *

Success might be a strong word. Yes the record looks nice but who are you playing??? Your strength of schedule to date is 253 out of 290 and judging by 8 games still to come with 288 ranked IPFW, four with NDSU and 5 with 204 N Colorado that will probably end up in the 270s+. You beat Kansas who is 15-21 at 3:30 AM after they rolled off the bus after 10 hours. Creighton 22-11 was mid week. Murry State is 9-21(#183). Sac State is 9-24. Indiana State is 16-15 so easy to pick up 1. Missouri state is 19-16 not much better then Kansas, Tennesse Martin 9-20, SE Mo 19-12 (#237 schedule). So for the entire season you will have played 4 teams (including Minnesota) with winning records. 6 of your 16 are Utah Valley and NDSU.

NDSU so far... Weekend with Charleston Southern (#196, 4 game split)Weekend with K-State (RPI #27) and lost in 11 inn. Weekend with Creighton (#63). Weekend with Iowa (#126) and lost in 11inn. Weekend with TX PA (#185). They finally got a weekend with someone not under 200 (when it wasnt 10 degree windchills) with Valpo (#264) and got a split.

I think it was clear at the end of last season how important a tough schedule can be. The worst two overall records in last years independent tournament finished 1 and 2 and for the most part rather easily. Not trying to knock SDSU because they have beaten who is on their schedule, but step up a little and play someone besides ndsu, UNC, IPFW, and Utah Valley 24 times.