Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Coach Hinterstocker

tcbison Guest

Default Welcome Coach Hinterstocker

A big welcome to Coach Hinterstocker! Looking forward to seeing how the volleyball program develops in the coming years. Go Bison!

Default Re: Welcome Coach Hinterstocker

Welcome to Fargo!

(The press conference audio is available on gobison.)

533 In a row

Jeffdaryl3rd Guest

Former assistant at Alabama, I'm pretty impressed. I guess when the search process started I wasn't real optimistic that they'd be able to hire someone from a big-name school, but I think that this is a good hire and hopefully he gets this program turned around quick.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was good to hear him say tonight on TV sports that his concern about conference membership was alleviated by President Chapman and the AD's. They told him to expect membership soon!!

kchats Guest

Welcome aboard Coach. Sounds like a very good hire. He has recruited the area previously and is a very good coach in developing skills with the players. I think having a division I coach for this position will be very helpful since the game is played very differently at the division I level. Much more happening above the net with more powerful hitters. I think the Bison volleyball team will have a very good season next year. I hope the Bison get into the Mid-Con so I can watch the teams play at UMKC here in Kansas City.

I was by the BBF today, and I saw the team getting some hard work in from Coach H already, not that they needed hard work, they have been working hard all spring, but at least the girls can get a week of practice in and get used to the new coaching style that Erich brings to the table.
    Go Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by pancake83
    I was by the BBF today, and I saw the team getting some hard work in from Coach H already, not that they needed hard work, they have been working hard all spring, but at least the girls can get a week of practice in and get used to the new coaching style that Erich brings to the table.
    Go Bison!
    I listened to the audio of the press conference, and the sports. It sounds like there should be some great excitement in the NDSU Volleyball program. Hearing the volleyball player saying that up front he asked the team to be her this summer to workout with weights impressed the girls very much.

Go Bison.

kchats Guest

You hear Coach Bohl talk about it all the time. Division I is a different animal the players need to have their heads and bodies into their sport year around if they want to succeed and therefore have the team succeed. Look at all the football players that stay on campus all year around, I'm not positive but I think the men's basketball team probably spent the whole year at NDSU as well. I know Amy Ruley always said her best teams were that way because she didn't have to do much prodding to get the players to workout all year. I hope the entire athletic department is getting the players committed to their crafts for entire year because that will lead to more victories when their seasons begin.

I wish the VB program and Coach Hinterstocker the best of luck.

NanoBison Guest

Ditto.