Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Volleyball coach

Default Volleyball coach

533 In a row

Default Re: Volleyball coach

I'm still surprised that the Forum hasn't done a follow-up article on what the "philosophical differences" were between Dorn & Bina that lead to Bina's forced resignation (firing) after 11 seasons.

kchats Guest

Does it really matter. We know you disagree with her forced resignation but it is time to move forward. Coach Bina didn't look like she was enjoying herself very much when I saw them play in the tournament at Missouri State. It is time to find a new coach and move forward in improving the volleyball program. We all wish Coach Bina well in her future endeavors and hope she finds a new position where she can once again be successful. I am glad Lynn Dorn is taking her time in finding the right coach to turn the volleyball program around.

No, it does matter.

It should matter from the standpoint of the Fargo Forum and whether they're an actual investigative newspaper or just a mouthpiece for Bison sports.

It should also matter from the standpoint of whether Lynn Dorn is a part of the problem or a part of the solution.

I'm sure the Forum would love to know too.

It's possible that the information is just not being told to anyone outside the AD.

kchats Guest

Lynn Dorn has been a very big part of a very successful women's athletic program at NDSU. She hired Amy Ruley, Pete Cuardo (sp?), Zaundra Bina, the softball coach, the women's track coach and all the others. I know you think something sinister was at work but maybe it was just time for a change for the volleyball program. I know many of the women's volleyball players were not happy last season so maybe the team and the players that left had something to do with it.

mikelsch Guest

Lynn Dorn also hired Tim Miles when she was the Interim Athletic Director. And was very influential in the hiring of Gene Taylor.

LD will get it done. She'll do what is best for NDSU ATHLETICS. Right Buffalo BILL? Have you got LD on board for the WAC attack?
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

So, is there a volleyball coach yet, or what's the deal?

I have a gut feeling that the volleyball program has definetely taken a back seat in the transition to D1 considering how the season went, and it's unfortunate because they are playoff eligible next year.

It's the middle of March for crying out loud!

There is no way that hiring a new coach has taken the back seat to anything.

533 In a row