Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many games will the Bison women lose this year

Default How many games will the Bison women lose this year

11-0 start.......not to shabby.

Default Re: How many games will the Bison women lose this

I see at least 2 losses for sure. *One on Jan 22nd and one on Feb 26th. Might lose the next game against a decent DII team. Win over Superior was quality.

Better question:

Will the Bison women defeat any DI teams this year?

If I were you I would be looking at Cincinnati as your best shot. TCU is tough and my money says you aren't beating the Jacks this year.

I'll say a split with the Jackrabbits is likely. Both teams play very well at home. I agree that TCU is a long shot to beat, and hopefully Cincinnati will be a win.

I think that this year's team has much more depth than we did last year.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by jackmd
    I see at least 2 losses for sure. *One on Jan 22nd and one on Feb 26th. *Might lose the next game against a decent DII team. *Win over Superior was quality.

Better question:

Will the Bison women defeat any DI teams this year?

If I were you I would be looking at Cincinnati as your best shot. *TCU is tough and my money says you aren't beating the Jacks this year.
    I think the Lady Jacks are finding out that there are a lot of DI teams that are not as good as the teams in the NCC. SDSU's women win by 28 at Oklahoma St. When was the last time SDSU won at UND by that much.
    They are getting a little full of themselves and I for one can't wait until they make their visit to Fargo.

I don't think anyone ever disputed the top of the NCC Women's Basketball could compete with many DI teams. Rather than downplay the Lady Jacks ability to compete at this level how about celebrate it. The Jacks put together a very difficult schedule and have played exceptionally well. Three of our 4 losses to DI teams USC,Purdue,Oregon State the game was in question until the last minute. Rutgers who is a top 25 team and our only other loss was a tight game until the last 10 minutes. Rutgers just beat the #3 team in the country. I'm not going to be so bold as to predict a sweep by the Lady Jacks over the Bison but am looking forward to both games. The Jacks chose to challenge themselves with a difficult schedule and the Bison decided to go another direction. I would think the Jacks would be very confident playing the Bison or anyone else. Up next Middle Tennesse State tonight and Alabama on Wednesday.

Bison down St. Anselm tonight 77-60. It was a late run that got the Bison the sin as St. Anselm played the Bison tough.

SDSU beat Middle Tennesee State 58-56. MTSU was an NCAA team last season that upset North Carolina in the first round. Most of that team returned for the Blue Raiders. Quality win for SDSU.
    Formerly (and currently) BlueKeyAlum

WOW! SDSU is just tearing it up right now.

Give us a couple of weeks, and our women will be beating up the Bison again. I dont know what your men have done, but ours are having a bit of trouble at the moment.

The Coach of Middle Tennessee was quoted saying on her post game show that SDSU was the most physical team she has coached against in her 17 years and was 10 times better than their last opponent Cincinnatti which I believe is an upcoming opponent for the Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII
    I don't think anyone ever disputed the top of the NCC Women's Basketball could compete with many DI teams. Rather than downplay the Lady Jacks ability to compete at this level how about celebrate it. The Jacks put together a very difficult schedule and have played exceptionally well. Three of our 4 losses to DI teams USC,Purdue,Oregon State the game was in question until the last minute. Rutgers who is a top 25 team and our only other loss was a tight game until the last 10 minutes. Rutgers just beat the #3 team in the country. I'm not going to be so bold as to predict a sweep by the Lady Jacks over the Bison but am looking forward to both games. The Jacks chose to challenge themselves with a difficult schedule and the Bison decided to go another direction. I would think the Jacks would be very confident playing the Bison or anyone else. Up next Middle Tennesse State tonight and Alabama on Wednesday.
    You are missing my point. I'm saying that the Jacks just think they have a tougher schedule because they have a lot of teams with D-I behind their name. But what I'm saying is that a lot of the DII teams that we are playing are better than a lot of the D-I teams you are playing, not all of them of course. You act as if every DI team you play is better than any DII team out there. That would be like saying a lot of these DI teams on your schedule that you are whipping were better than you last year just because you were DII and they were DI. Our schedule has been tougher than you think.