Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on Bison Women recruits

Default Update on Bison Women recruits

During the early signing period, Amy garnered LOIs from two players:

5-7 Kelsey Hendrickson. Monroe HS Monroe, WI.
    5-8 Danielle Ellison, St. Paul Central.

Hendrickson, as of last week, was averaging 13.5 points per game. The Cheesemakers are ranked 4th in Wisconsin's Division II. Hendrickson was also recruited by Division I South Florida (who took UCONN to overtime early this year), Wisconsin-Parkside, and she had received an invite to walk-on with the Badgers. She had one game where she scored 28 points and another where she was 6-9 from beyond the arc scoring 21 points for the game.
    Formerly (and currently) BlueKeyAlum

Default Re: Update on Bison Women recruits

Danielle Ellison and the Minutemaids are 14-2. Ellison is second on her team in scoring (10ppg), 2nd in assists with 50 (against only 28 TOs), and 2nd in steals with 30.

The Cheesemakers and the Minutemaids? ;D

533 In a row

I can kinda see the "Cheesemakers" being a Wisconsin thing and all.....but the Minutemaids.... :-/

kchats Guest

Minutemaids - milking now do you see?

Kelsee Hendricksen and Monroe Cheesemakers advanced to one game from qualifying for state but were between in sectionals ending their season at 23-1.

Danielle Ellison the St. Paul Central Minute Maids company are still rolling.

St. Paul Central 58, Blaine 40

The Minutemaids put Blaine in a deep hole in the first half, outscoring the Bengals 17-0 in a 9-minute, 7-second stretch to take a 26-8 lead and never let them recover. Danielle Ellison, a 5-8 senior guard, and Ashley Ellis-Milan, a 6-2 senior center, each scored 16 points to pace Central (27-2). Sophomore guard Jackie Kelly led the Bengals (18-12) with 11 points.

• Key shot: Ellis-Milan, Central's top player had just gone to the bench with four fouls early in the fourth quarter and the Bengals had closed to within 41-33.

"We were kind of worried, but as long as we have a leader on the floor, we're OK," Ellison said. "I'm the leader when Ashley is out. I'm pretty talkative. I tell them to, 'Box out. Talk on defense. Keep your head.' "

Ellison did more than talk. She hit a huge three-pointer -- she made all three she took -- to restore the Minutemaids' margin to double digits at 44-33. That shot was the start of an 11-2 run that doomed Blaine.

"I've been working a lot lately in practice on my shooting, doing extra," Ellison said. "When they try to double and triple on Ashley, I have to make my threes."

BisonMav Guest

For those Bison Fans in the Twin Cities, the Minutemaids are on Channel 45 at 9:00pm tonight.

BisonMav Guest

Ellison made the Minnesota All-Tournament AAAA team.

I have no idea what kind of talent level those recruits are, but they are faily small for D1 athletes.....

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico
    I have no idea what kind of talent level those recruits are, but they are faily small for D1 athletes.....
    Susan (king) Borchard, starting pg for #1 Stanford is 5-6.
    Temeka Johnson, the AA pg for #2 LSU is 5-3.
    Ivory Latta, AA pg for #4 UNC is 5-5.
    Jamey Carey, AA pg for #11 Texas is 5-6.