Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhibition #1: Minnesota State Moorhead

Default Exhibition #1: Minnesota State Moorhead

Dragons are the exhibition test for the Bison. Last year, the Dragons went 16-15 and 7-7 in conference play. They return all their big weapons including 6-1 Allison Swenson who led the Gophers in scoting with 14.4 ppg. Also returning is 5-11 F Jessica Truatwein out of Fargo who was the tean's top rebounder.

NDSU beat the Dragons last year, 83-68, outrebounding their neighbors by 15.
    Formerly (and currently) BlueKeyAlum

Default Re: Exhibition #1: Minnesota State Moorhead

You mean Dragons not Gophers. Also, the Dragons return their all conference player who had to sit out last season due to a torn ACL in Jessica Fesenmaier. Should be an entertaining game. I expect NDSU to win, but don't expect the low post to be as dominated by NDSU as it was last year.

Bring on the competion+++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Only days away from the MS-Moorhead opener and the debut of the new Bison. Amy has indicated that Emily Moran and Lisa Bue have nailed down starting spots. I'm gonna guess that Heintzelman, Sonstelie, and Kay Dahlen will fill out the line-up just based on experience. Haven't heard if Walseth is NCAA-OK-to-play as of yet, maybe the Forum will have a story. I figure that Giordat probably won't be a go so Hodgson may see playing time at the point in back up for Moran. Slyt and Kat Dahlem will probably round out the backcourt while Lemnus and Penley may fill out the post. I think this game will be close as well with the Bison winning but with Amy trying to get players game experience.

Coach_W Guest

Not sure Amy has a DI lineup this year. Dragons may get them.

If the Dragons beat the Bison, that would be a huge surprise. A mediocre DII team versus the Bison, the Bison should win every time.
    Proud member of TOHBTC

Sounds like Walseth will join Samuelson in wearing the RED SHIRT this season.

MS-Moorhead returns players very familiar with one another and that is a big advantage. Bison have a core group coming back in the Dahlens, Sonstelie, Heintzelman, Slyt and Bue but the point guard position is probably going to be adjusting to a different level of play, unless Giordat plays and she really hasn't played much over the past two years. I think the Bison should win but Amy may also use this game to get people experience.

I think that this game will not be close... even if younger players are put in for experience. *The girls with experience will keep them out of reach. *Plus, our newcomers are more than likely more talented than moorhead's.

Coach_W Guest

You are making alot of assumptions.

SU hasn't recruited that much differently than when they were DII. Look at their roster compared to Moorhead and UND. There isn't much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach W
    You are making alot of assumptions.

SU hasn't recruited that much differently than when they were DII. *Look at their roster compared to Moorhead and UND. *There isn't much difference.
    Can you please define this? What should the roster of a DI team look like relative to a DII team? More big city kids? More kids from outside the tri-state area?

From a What It's Worth persepctive, Amy currently has 3 kids on her roster that have Division I experience at other universities (Lemnus, Samuelsen, and Walseth). Granted, two of these players are not eligible this season and the other player did not play alot, but they were still recruited above the DII level. Next year, with the arrival of Wilka, Amy will have two players who achieved High School All America Honorable mention. I don;t want to get up in pre-season merit because the game is played on the court, but I think Amy has upped her recruiting.