Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Fargo (city pop.) may have already reached 100,000

Default Re: Fargo (city pop.) may have already reached 100,000

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    We do this when looking at the shomes being built West of wf sheyenne. There are some sick homes out there just south of the splash pad. Hope they're on the parade of homes this year to remind me how poor I am when we go on the tour
    How about the one just north of 40th I believe with the copper roof me gutters... I can't imagine how much that cost as it was built when copper was ridiculous high priced

Quote Originally Posted by acf2 View Post
    Lets be honest, other then a few parts of the area where some drug trafficking happens (corridor between Winnipeg and the cities), Fargo is a generally safe city. I am not worried in the least. Ever been to Rockford Illinois for example? I know its larger then Fargo, but still...
    Yeah try New Haven. The area around Yale is a fucking nightmare.

It's basically the same size as Fargo. Just a touch over 100,000, and it is one of the most dangerous cities in the US.

When I lived there there were body parts strewn across the city because someone hacked a homeless man apart and played hide and go seek with his body parts. Anytime, literally every freaking day, I sat by the windows there were gun shots. Someone was shot outside my apt at 4pm. (I was a 10 minute walk from Yale)

Fargo is very safe, and affordable. On top of this horrendous crime, a 1 bdrm in this shitty area that was much safer than adjacent areas of new haven was more than $1200/mo for a box built two hundred years ago that hadn't been kept up for 40 years.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    How about the one just north of 40th I believe with the copper roof me gutters... I can't imagine how much that cost as it was built when copper was ridiculous high priced
    havent seen but ill look for it. that would look sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post

It's basically the same size as Fargo. Just a touch over 100,000, and it is one of the most dangerous cities in the US.

When I lived there there were body parts strewn across the city because someone hacked a homeless man apart and played hide and go seek with his body parts. Anytime, literally every freaking day, I sat by the windows there were gun shots. Someone was shot outside my apt at 4pm. (I was a 10 minute walk from Yale)

Fargo is very safe, and affordable. On top of this horrendous crime, a 1 bdrm in this shitty area that was much safer than adjacent areas of new haven was more than $1200/mo for a box built two hundred years ago that hadn't been kept up for 40 years.
    I was in New Orleans in 1991 staying at a Howard Johnsons and as I was leaving one of the workers stopped me and had me wait for a 1/2 hour before going out. Someone was stabbed to death that morning and was still on the sidewalk. I had a few more incidents while in NO. I was happy to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I was in New Orleans in 1991 staying at a Howard Johnsons and as I was leaving one of the workers stopped me and had me wait for a 1/2 hour before going out. Someone was stabbed to death that morning and was still on the sidewalk. I had a few more incidents while in NO. I was happy to leave.
    Place is a first class shithole

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post

Fargo is still generally safe. Maybe not as over the top safe (like if you lose your wallet, people will bring it back with money in it) as it was 5 years ago, but I really never worry about stuff. I forget to lock my car and doors many times per week. Heck a few times I even fell asleep and forgot to close my garage door. I've never been a victim of an assault, burglary, or even vandalism.

it may be different if I lived in a different part of town though and I rarely go to bars or downtown.

I do know some people who have been victims though. i'm concerned with all the creepy people coming in. Doesn't seem like the best and brightest are coming here. Just loser gang people, drug dealers, and just overall shitty people.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com