Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UND gets an AD

Default UND gets an AD

Here is the story from the UND website on the new U of North Dakota athletic director:

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/...ELEASE_ID=3900

I wonder if hiring a Division I associate AD will lead to a DI move for the school's sports--aside from hockey.

Default Re: UND gets an AD

As noted on siouxsports.com the rivalry goes deep between Buning (Army) and Taylor (Navy). Thought that was pretty funny. Seems like Buning is a good guy hopefully he does well for the school. Not sure his initial stance on the DI transition, should be interesting to hear him speak on it now that he has been hired.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[quote I wonder if hiring a Division I associate AD will lead to a DI move for the school's sports--aside from hockey.

[/quote]

Only kicking and screaming, or so it would seem.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not a chance as long as President K is there! Surprised many that they did not go with Bollinger, the local boy.

mikelsch Guest

When UND continued their search after the first 3 candidates, it was obvious they didn't want any of them. Surprised they didn't have more applicants from DI schools...school must not have a very good reputation nationally, administratively (i.e. Kupchella) speaking.

Navy/Army: Taylor/Buning: Bison/Sioux game

Sounds like a good hire for UND. Sometimes it's good to hire someone with no previous ties to the school (i.e. Gene Taylor)
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie
    When UND continued their search after the first 3 candidates, it was obvious they didn't want any of them. *Surprised they didn't have more applicants from DI schools...school must not have a very good reputation nationally, administratively (i.e. Kupchella) speaking.

Navy/Army: Taylor/Buning: Bison/Sioux game

I don't know why you would say they don't have a good reputation, weren't the three finalists for the NDSU job Molde (also finalist for UND), at that time South Alabama assistant A.D. (now the A.D. at North Alabama) Joel Erdmann, and Taylor, who was the assistant A.D. at Navy. Sounds pretty similar to me??

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why, the difference in the total number of quality applicants from DI schools!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver
    Why, the difference in the total number of quality applicants from DI schools!

??Can you help me out here?? Give me the list of "the total number of quality applicants from DI schools" for each school please, it would be interesting to compare the two. Thanks

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One example was when the U of Minnesota associate athletic director was brought into Fargo to look at the Bison AD job. He was no doubt a quality DI applicant and he wasn't even a finalist. Erdmann and Taylor were both quality DI applicants that were finalists.