Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Who Was Your Favorite Professor at NDSU

Default Re: Who Was Your Favorite Professor at NDSU

I fear that I've been posting about stuff that I don't understand again because our development team is so much different than places with lots of developers. So sorry about that.

One thing is certain: I didn't go into computer science with the dream of managing other programmers - that sounds like more of a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I fear that I've been posting about stuff that I don't understand again because our development team is so much different than places with lots of developers. So sorry about that.

One thing is certain: I didn't go into computer science with the dream of managing other programmers - that sounds like more of a nightmare.
    Ha! Try going into the academe and chairing a department. It's harder than herding cats.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Ha! Try going into the academe and chairing a department. It's harder than herding cats.
    And the cats are on fire...

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

I don’t know, I did it for a decade. It’s a different puzzle for sure. People can be hard. I like dogs better. Nobody frowns at you if you have to hit that button on the shock collar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

from a NDSU employee of 20 years

For what? NDSU is stagnant and going no where. I know thirteen faculty who are leaving to schools like Cornell, Oregon State, Michigan, Ohio U, and Montana State this year
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The University is under extreme duress because of the enrollment shock.

It's not good and people are leaving, like people do when an organization is faultering.

The collapse of oil will only make this worse.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    The University is under extreme duress because of the enrollment shock.

It's not good and people are leaving, like people do when an organization is faultering.

The collapse of oil will only make this worse.
    There was an article a few days back that said applications were up 1,800 from the same time last year. Hopefully that's a good sign, though school officials were quick to point out that there could easily be other reasons for the increase like students applying earlier due to it now being easier to accomplish on smart phones.

Maybe the universities should listen to Gov. B and find ways to provide a better product for students?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Brian Slator, computer science, has died...obit is incomplete right now...

https://www.wrightfuneral.com/obituary/brian-m-slator/

Good friend and person Im talking about up above will be retiring after finals. NDSU wont be the same god dammit.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?