Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Was Your Favorite Professor at NDSU

Default Re: Who Was Your Favorite Professor at NDSU

dr. joe deutch

Quote Originally Posted by BisonMav View Post
    My favorite was Dr James Grier Zoology. IMO was the most enthusiastic about the courses he taught. Spent a week with him and a couple grad students, on a field trip. Very educational and interesting. Also on my favorites list would be the late Dr Bill Reid History.
    I was TA for Grier. BUt I never had his as a teacher. Cool guy.

Quote Originally Posted by go_bison View Post
    Mark Nawrot - Psychology
    I had both him and his wife as teachers. The wife was better IMO. He was all over the place.

For me it was Kevin McCaul. Hands down. Its never a bad time to reach out and tell a teacher what they meant to you. I ran into him and bought him a beverage at H&H once. Good time.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I should say that Mark Meister probably did me the biggest favor by not letting me into grad school. I wanted to get my graduate degrees in communications and become an academic. I had a less than ideal transcript so he said no.

I make way more and work way less than my wife does now.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    dr. joe deutch
    Awesome dude, but his alter-ego, Sylvester, needs to work on his golf swing!

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 11-06-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Donna Terbizan, Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences. Great prof. No nonsense and knows a ton.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I stumbled across this thread totally randomly. Fun subject. There have been 13 graduating classes since this popped up so I imagine lots of new opinions.

Since I joined a few years after this, I'll put mine out.

Robert Wood - Political Science

Mark Meister - Communication
    I once heard Dr. Wood say he hoped UNd wouldn’t change their nickname because “Siou Suck” has such a nice ring to it. Political Science 101.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fred Haring

Math Professor who instructed me in Calc V (quarter system back in the day). He made you solve the problems and write an essay on how you were solving the problem and why. When I was done with that class I knew multivariable calculus inside and out. Unfortunately I haven't used it since and forgot it all.

After the first test, most of the class bombed the test. The first class after that test students came in and complained for the first 15 minutes about how "hard" the test was. Dr. Haring just let them rant and after he had enough he undoes the buttons on his arm and rolls his sleeve up. He then shows the class an ID tattoo the Germans gave him at a concentration camp during WWII and he looks at the class and simply said "You don't know what hard is". He rolled his sleeve up to complete silence in the room and began his next lecture. The next class I'd say 2/3 of the class was gone.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Ron Ramsay, prof. of Architectural History. He was like a storyteller, and his lectures were really entertaining. I always looked forward to his class.
    Agreed. The Arch history class was always interesting especially since he took most of the photos of the buildings he was showing us. My two favorite things from him were:

Cathedrals in Europe have a "Jesus Christ" affect. Not that they are overly religious, but when you walk in and look up you say, "Jesus Christ!"

The Fargodome was being built at time and he called it the Far-ga-da-me which rhymes with lobotomy which is what the architects who designed the thing must have had

My only complaint about his class is he would shut off the lights to show the slides and the next thing I would remember was him turning on the lights at the end of class.

Rik Ekstrom was the other architecture professor I liked because he actually understood the value of being involved in activities outside the program. None of the other professors did.

I enjoyed Patty Corwin. Her Soc 101 class was a blast! It appears she's still there. I also had a history class with Larry Peterson. He was funny and a little nuts.

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Steve Ward. Had him for a few English classes. He always gave me good grades on my writing and I liked the novels he assigned us to read. Dr. Broberg for Chemistry. Scoby was pretty entertaining for Biology. He was ahead of his time with his thoughts on the environment.

Mark Aune - English.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery