Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Who Was Your Favorite Professor at NDSU

Blog Entries

Default Re: Who Was Your Favorite Professor at NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Another who deserves a shout out is Len Shapiro. He was C Sci chair during my tenure. Fabulous teacher and likely either he or Gammil would have been my choice for advisor had I chosen to pursue a doctorate.
    Man, I forgot about Shapiro. I liked him too. And, yeah, when I saw Martin and his family at MSP, I decided not to say hi just because he seemed like somebody who valued his privacy. They were great years (met the future wife, for one) - just wish I hadn't been working full time+ so I could have really buckled down. Then again, things worked out awesomely and almost every day since graduation has seemed like paid vacation, plus I get more than 5 hours of sleep a night and never go to bed hungry.

My parents, btw, were college friends of Val Tareski (RIP) who my engineering buddies made sound like some kind of boogie man (at least when they were freshmen.) He visited us in Mandan when I was a teenager and made us all chili.
    Get your entries into the Bisonville dictionary: http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary

On a different note from all of my engineering and math professors, many of whom were great, I'll submit one from my extra curricular activities:

Playing in Dr. Patnode's jazz band was one of my favorite music experiences. We weren't the audition band, so its not like we were going to be standouts, but he made it fun and got us to sound ok at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

My parents, btw, were college friends of Val Tareski (RIP) who my engineering buddies made sound like some kind of boogie man (at least when they were freshmen.) He visited us in Mandan when I was a teenager and made us all chili.
    I started out as a EE before switching to CS and if that is who I think it is he was my EE advisor. Also taught the intro EE class (basically FORTRAN programming). I was older than average and he took license to badger me in class a little extra. We developed a nice back and forth though over the course of the quarter and I came to enjoy it.

Paul Juell was another CS faculty member who was quite impactful for me. I believe he too has passed some time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    If Tian is the woman I am thinking of, I am not a fan. I had to miss a test and wasn't able to study for because I was helping sandbag my parents house and she wouldn't excuse it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Little Chinese woman?

Perhaps you softened her up for me. When I took Fixed Income Securities, I did next to none of the homework, and got A's/B's on the tests. After I crunched the numbers after the final, I plead my case to get my grade up to a C so I could graduate. She let me correct some project I dropped some points on. When I went to her office to show her my updated project, I was really nervous. She looked over my work and said, "It isss OhhKAY! You awww going to gwaduate! Yooou can stop shaking now!"
    College of Business Alumnus