Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roger Thomas Quote

Default Roger Thomas Quote

In case you didn't catch it, here's a quote from good ole' Roger Thomas in the Forum today, regarding a move to Divison I:

“You’re trying to play at a different level – I wouldn’t say higher, just a different level of competition – and we’re in a sparsely populated area, and to find the number of players you need to do that, you’d have to expand the recruiting area,” said Thomas, now commissioner of the Division II North Central Conference, of which UND is a member.

Yep, Roger, I'm sure that Montana State and Southern Illinois are not at a higher level than West Chester and Ferris State. Don't you just hate this guy?

JBB Guest

Default Re: Roger Thomas Quote

He is a characture of himself now-a-days. 8)

mikelsch Guest

What an ignorant jacka$$

Gamehunter Guest

Why would the forum even interview him on an issue pretaining to NDSU athletics? He has nothing to do with Division I, I-AA football, or NDSU athletics at all.

If Division I isn't a higher level, why on earth would anyone need to expand their recruiting area? Why not just operate with fewer scholarships and pretend it doesn't matter that the other team has more scholarships?

What happened to the "It's not a level playing field" excuse for why UND couldn't play NDSU anymore in the major sports? I guess he meant a "different level" and not a "higher level" :.

I love the double speak. He and Kupchella have set UND back years.

Craig

He does lose all credibility with a statement like that. *Of course it's a higher level, that shouldn't even be a debate.

I think another poster said it best on another thread. *That he is making these statements so that they will be read by the other NCC schools. *It's propaganda to hopefully keep them in line. *He trying to save his job and his ass at this point. *

Not unlike the Iraqi Information Minister... the Americans are not in Bagdad as the tanks roll past behind him... *

Thanks for the "Bagdad Bob" photo, Paulie! I had forgotten about him. Maybe he could be the new mascot for UND???

Who cares what Roger has to say....let him make himself look like an @$$ with his loose mouth. Forget about him....he's part of the past and as far as I'm concerned that's where he should stay forever. We don't need to talk about or even acknowledge his existence here. That is the best way to "get" Roger!

Roger Thomas and his family have been going through a lot lately. Maybe you Bison fans could take your "foot out of your mouth" and back off their family for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker
    Roger Thomas and his family have been going through a lot lately. *Maybe you Bison fans *could take your "foot out of your mouth" and back off their family for a while.
    Where was anything about his family brought up here?

He's a public figure making statements to the media. Those statements are open to criticism.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved