Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delta: Fargo to SLC

Default Re: Delta: Fargo to SLC

Isn't it ironic how Northwest has added direct flights from Sioux Falls and Fargo to Vegas after Allegiant proved how profitable it was. As soon as they put Allegiant out of business in those cities they will pull the direct flights and everyone will fly through Minneapolis again. Support the Allegiant's of the world!

I always go with the little guy as long as the price difference isn't significant.

Sometimes NW just has better prices, though.

If NW did put Allegiant out of business and then pulled the Fargo/Sioux Falls to Vegas flights, some other little company would just hop in and pick up where Allegiant left off.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII
    Support the Allegiant's of the world!
    I just did.

That's sweet if Fargo gets service to Salt Lake. Looks like I'm moving back to NoDak, so that means more cheap skiing options!

Great job to Shawn Dobberstein and his staff at HECTOR INTERNATIONAL. Also Shawn is the new TEAMMAKER PRESIDENT this year. A former track athlete and alum of NDSU. Now Big Sky its not hard to get here and SDSU.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

I can't wait until they expand the Hector Airport terminal.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

NanoBison Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator
    I can't wait until they expand the Hector Airport terminal.

The Hector International Airport expansion should be coming up here pretty quick. With the addition of Delta, they may also consider expanding the building to the west (currently postponed) instead of only expanding north. The plans are all up at www.fargoairport.com and under "Master Plan". I also did some quick calculations. Turns out every school in Big Sky located in or next to a decent size city ( that's all of them ) are all connected to by Delta Airlines. The maximum total flight times any school would have to "suffer" is 3.79 hours (3 hours and 47 minutes) which is Portland State University with Sacramento State directly behind them. If anyone is complaining after those numbers in the Big Sky, then we'll know for a fact that they specifically don't want us in there. Who do we need to talk to in the Athletics department to make sure they present these numbers next time BigSky comes a knocking?

I think the addition of Delta Airlines will be quite beneficial to Fargo, in general, and NDSU as well in terms of getting into a conference.

NanoBison Guest

I do feel kind of bad though for SDSU, Brookings does't really have anything in it's airport other than Mesaba (NWA). But they are pretty much right by Sioux Falls which will have Delta as well. Just an additional drive.

Anyone remember the old terminal? That brings back some memories.

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NanoBison

The maximum total flight times any school would have to "suffer" is 3.79 hours (3 hours and 47 minutes) which is Portland State University with Sacramento State directly behind them. If anyone is complaining after those numbers in the Big Sky, then we'll know for a fact that they specifically don't want us in there. Who do we need to talk to in the Athletics department to make sure they present these numbers next time BigSky comes a knocking?

I think the addition of Delta Airlines will be quite beneficial to Fargo, in general, and NDSU as well in terms of getting into a conference.
    I think they are more worried about the cost rather than the time commitment. Those two west coast schools don't have the $$ in their athletic departments to fly their teams. Hopefully, with the addition of Delta competition will drive down the ticket prices.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoBison
    I do feel kind of bad though for SDSU, Brookings does't really have anything in it's airport other than Mesaba (NWA). But they are pretty much right by Sioux Falls which will have Delta as well. Just an additional drive.
    Don't feel bad for SDSU as Sioux Falls is just 53 miles away and has better airlift than Fargo anyway. Delta already is in Sioux Falls offering direct flights to Cincinatti and now Salt Lake City.