Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Blurb in the Star Trib

Default Little Blurb in the Star Trib

A story about HS kids going on to college stated that little old North Dakota State is the top out-of-state college choice for MN kids. I hadn't realized that - I thought it might be Wisconsin or Iowa. Kind of cool.

BisonMav Guest

Default Re: Little Blurb in the Star Trib

There are always several North Dakota State commercials on the Minnesota State Tourney telecasts.

buffalobill Guest

WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TO the WAC WAC WAC+++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

NanoBison Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    A story about HS kids going on to college stated that little old North Dakota State is the top out-of-state college choice for MN kids. I hadn't realized that - I thought it might be Wisconsin or Iowa. Kind of cool.

Hey Tony,

Can you post a link to that story, or was it just in the actual "paper" edition of the newspaper?

I didn't include link because it's probably a subscription deal.

However, subscribing is easy and the story is still up.

Here's the linkie:

Strib: For most Minnesota students, school's cool

This bodes well for NDSU becoming the biggest school in ND.

Could NDSU over take UND?

I think if we were to in the next few years it have to be graduate students living off campus.

Because as far as I know we're maxed out or above capacity as far as dorms go.

Quote Originally Posted by MplsBison

I think if we were to in the next few years it have to be graduate students living off campus.

When I was a complex manager over in U. Village, the newest dorm that went up over by the rec center was supposed to be the first of two -- or so I thought. That was why they put ANOTHER gravel parking lot in to the north of where that one now stands. The other thought was it could go to the east of the current dorm. I know they just finished the new Bison Court but I'm not sure how many more spaces that opened up.

In any case, if NDSU wants to become the biggest U in the state, I think Chapman will do it -- or whomever else is in that position if Chapman leaves. It would be an interesting comparison to see what percentage of out-state students comprise the total student population of students at both und and NDSU.
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MplsBison

That my friend is inevitable. Just look at the size of Fargro Moorhead and the surrounding community. The area is growing and so is the university. In contrast Grand Forks population growth is stagnant. As NDSU continues to grow and offer more programs which they are doing it will only be a matter of time.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBisonToo
    When I was a complex manager over in U. Village, the newest dorm that went up over by the rec center was supposed to be the first of two -- or so I thought. *That was why they put ANOTHER gravel parking lot in to the north of where that one now stands. *The other thought was it could go to the east of the current dorm. *I know they just finished the new Bison Court but I'm not sure how many more spaces that opened up.

In any case, if NDSU wants to become the biggest U in the state, I think Chapman will do it -- or whomever else is in that position if Chapman leaves. *It would be an interesting comparison to see what percentage of out-state students comprise the total student population of students at both und and NDSU.
    We may as well be the biggest, were already the best bar none ;D