Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Fargo

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Microsoft Fargo

Microsoft Fargo announced a major expansion and the immediate hiring to fill 100 new positions at their Fargo campus. More new jobs and the need for more office buildings at the Fargo campus may also be announced in the future. The EDC people commented that the new jobs are paying in the 50000-100000 range. More good news for the City of Fargo!!

NanoBison Guest

Default Re: Microsoft Fargo

As much as people are split on their opinion on Microsoft, I hope they continue to grow and expand in the region as well. Glad to hear the salaries will be that high. It will force other similar businesses in the region to start moving up in the pay scales.

Yeah, that pay sounds pretty good. Really not sure how they're going to fit another 100 people on campus though.

I'm not going even going to get into what I make as a vendor doing the exact same job out there though.....

In the interview with Doug Burgum in the Forum recently, he mentioned that they already have people working off the Microsoft campus, in a building somewhere on 45th st.

533 In a row

IowaBison Guest

Don Morton mentioned that at least one if not two more buildings are in the works at the Microsoft Campus.

Herd_Mentality Guest

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior
    In the interview with Doug Burgum in the Forum recently, he mentioned that they already have people working off the Microsoft campus, in a building somewhere on 45th st.
    Correct, in the 45th Ave Business Center where Driverz used to be. *In fact they've had quite a few people there for quite a few years now. I don't want those 100 out here...we have a big enough parking issue at that building already!

Bison_Dan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality
    [quote author=roadwarrior link=1144367249/0#3 date=1144429825]In the interview with Doug Burgum in the Forum recently, he mentioned that they already have people working off the Microsoft campus, in a building somewhere on 45th st.
    Correct, in the 45th Ave Business Center where Driverz used to be. *In fact they've had quite a few people there for quite a few years now. I don't want those 100 out here...we have a big enough parking issue at that building already![/quote]

I would think if Microsoft starts to build out at the campus that it would be a good sign for continued growth for them in Fargo. 8-)

broke_back_mnt Guest

Imagine, it all started writing software for the old Apple II. *Now its a huge force in the Fargo economy. *This is nothing but good news.

I wonder if Apple will continue to write the Apple OS?

They recently made a switch to Intel for their PC CPUs. Perhaps they'll load SUSE Linux or something to that effect instead?

broke_back_mnt Guest

I dont think they will stop with their operating system, but I guess thats a possiblity now. But thats the nicest thing about them, besides the good equipment and support.