Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hector Airport expansion

Default Re: Hector Airport expansion

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Frontier generally has more fights in a day between their cities. There may have only been 1 or 2 per day from SEA to MSP and there were some days they didn't fly that segment. You do lose code sharing in Frontier which is still limiting. We fly Southwest a fair amount and they don't have code sharing, but there are several flights each day with multiple connection options.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I’m sorry, I meant Allegiant…brain fart!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    I can smell it. What did you eat?

Lardsin must go!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Yes, another great example. They are great options if they fly, but you are taking a risk not getting to your destination. They fly a lot more than they don't so it's not necessarily a huge risk, but it's a risk you have to consider. Unfortunately when you get burned as bad as we did the first time you try it, first impressions matter. I'd rather pay a little more to know I'll have options if something happens.

We flew Frontier two years ago to Orlando because of the price and it's direct from Fargo. With a then 4 almost 5 year old direct flights are preferred. We got screwed coming back and stayed in Orlando for 3 more nights so we could fly Delta home. We swore we would never fly Frontier again. Until a few weeks ago when we were able to book direct flights from Fargo to Orlando with checked bags, front row seats there and back for under $200 per person. The price and convenience (as long as they fly) is hard to beat. Years ago we ended up losing a day of vacation because our Allegiant flight didn't leave Fargo until the day after it was scheduled because of mechanical reasons.

Sometimes the savings is worth the risk.