Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hector Airport expansion

Default Re: Hector Airport expansion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    As all city owned parking ramps, i's free to the public for the first 2 hours, after 5 pm and on weekends. Huge public benefit
    Block 9 isn't free, free there only on evenings and weekends. You have to pay $3 for the first 3 hours (still pretty reasonable) during working hours.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I saw some renderings for the airport and it's going to be a big deal for the community. For many visitors, thr airport is the first and last impression of Fargo. Right now it's very underwhelming and feels small time. With the parking ramp, skyway and impressive looking terminal, this feels big time

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is multi-level parking needed?
    I've only needed to park a handful of times, but when I have there was plenty of extra parking space. Seems to me like throwing money at a problem that doesn't exist?

What percentage of FM area residents would benefit from this compared to the number that attend events at the dome which they refuse to upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I've only needed to park a handful of times, but when I have there was plenty of extra parking space. Seems to me like throwing money at a problem that doesn't exist?

What percentage of FM area residents would benefit from this compared to the number that attend events at the dome which they refuse to upgrade?
    It’s for future growth and with double the terminals there will be more flights per day. Also the last few times I’ve flown out of Fargo in the last year or two parking is actually pretty scarce until you get to the last couple rows in the long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One side benefit of multi level parking is that most of the spaces are covered. Some will appreciate this during wet and especially during snowy weather.
    Don't believe everything you think.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    One side benefit of multi level parking is that most of the spaces are covered. Some will appreciate this during wet and especially during snowy weather.
    I agree. Indy has both. The garage is closer and $22/day. The economy lot requires a shuttle and is only $9/day. If I'm doing a shorter trip, especially if there will be ice or snow while I'm gone, I'm paying extra for the garage.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    They are also looking at the cost of screening to keep the snow from blowing in. Coming out to your car after a week+ away and having to dig it out of the snow and ice sucks.

Even with open walls my car has always been snow free when parked in the MSP ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't travel often so when I do I just say F it and pay up. Thus at MSP I use the Valet Parking. Drop down into the underground garage just before the turn in front of the main terminal. It's expensive but car is warm, washed and you are in and out quick because your car is right under the luggage carousels.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post

State law says the Airport gets x amount of mills and they can choose to spend as they wish. Also over half the cost of the airport is paid by the Feds. They arent asking for a mill increase. The ramp will be cashflow positive and be a profit machine once it's paid for

Ever leave your car parked outdoors for a week in the winter without starting it? I once went on a vacation and came back to a car that wouldnt start and it was covered in 2 feet of snow. I finally got it jumped and I got stuck backing out.

Another benefit is car rental companies will rent them too

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm guessing $40/day (or more) to be cash flow positive?