Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hector Airport expansion

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Hector Airport expansion

What is that anyway? I have not heard of one. Fargo needs to keep up with regional competitors on the airport. Airports are often the first things visitors see when they come to Fargo. The Airport Authority does a good job considering so many Fargoans are afraid that we will be seen as progressive if we spend any money on upgrades. I am glad Fargo is a border town so we get influence from another state.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    What is that anyway? I have not heard of one. Fargo needs to keep up with regional competitors on the airport. Airports are often the first things visitors see when they come to Fargo. The Airport Authority does a good job considering so many Fargoans are afraid that we will be seen as progressive if we spend any money on upgrades. I am glad Fargo is a border town so we get influence from another state.
    It's a hotel that allows extended parking in exchange for at least one night's stay.

So you drive to the departure city the night before your flight and check into the hotel. The next morning, you grab the hotel shuttle to the airport. When you return, you catch the shuttle back to the hotel, stay overnight if you wish, grab your car, and then drive home.

The allowed length of parking depends on the hotel, but generally anywhere from 4 to 14 days. Fees may or may not apply depending on the hotel.

Fargo has several hotels that offer the service, but I don't know if any make it a big part of their business model and/or market it heavily.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Are there any park & fly motels in Fargo?
    I think the days inn on 19th used to maybe still does? But Fargo parking is so cheap and not too many people actually stay overnight to fly out of Fargo.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Sioux Falls goes one better with a hotel attached to the airport...you leave your car in long-term parking at a discounted rate...

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I think the days inn on 19th used to maybe still does? But Fargo parking is so cheap and not too many people actually stay overnight to fly out of Fargo.

According to a list I found online:

4 days free parking:
    Candlewood Suites (next to the Fargodome)

7 days:
    Country Inn & Suites (on 13th Ave between I-29 and 25th St)
    Clubhouse Hotel & Suites (across from Scheels on 45th St)

10 days:
    Ramada (on 13th Ave between I-29 and 25th St)
    Hawthorn Suites (just south of West Acres)

14 days:
    Days Inn (just north of the Fargodome)

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Can't wait to see this project go up! Hoping it helps with additional competition and capacity as they can charge about whatever they want as people are paying it to avoid the drive or are on business trips, which makes it hard on families trying to vacation on a budget. It was cheaper for me to drive to MSP get a hotel that had extended parking and fly out of msp. The only cost was time which wasn't a problem for us at that point of time.

How many people have utilized the sun country bus and actually flew on sun country? Curious if getting more capacity is they're one of the targets? Never flown on them.

I don’t know anything about a Sun Country bus but I have flown Sun Country numerous times in the past. I much prefer flying with them than with any of the carriers over in the main terminal at MSP. Much less congestion and pressure at Terminal 2 or whatever they call it now.

The last time I flew though (commercial) was for the 2019 FCS National Championship so things might well have changed.
    Don't believe everything you think.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don’t know anything about a Sun Country bus but I have flown Sun Country numerous times in the past. I much prefer flying with them than with any of the carriers over in the main terminal at MSP. Much less congestion and pressure at Terminal 2 or whatever they call it now.

The last time I flew though (commercial) was for the 2019 FCS National Championship so things might well have changed.
    Booked my first flight on Sun Country two years ago from Seattle to Cincinnati via MSP. Happened to check gate the night before or early morning flight and found out it had been canceled. No notification of any kind. Costumer service closes at 8p PT so can't call anyone. Get up early to find options and next available flight is a week later. That's the risk to take when you fly an airline with no code sharing and linked flights each day between most segments (including some days they don't fly). We had to book new flights in Southwest and even with the refund it cost us $2200 for new flights, an extra hotel night and car rental day. No response when asked for additional compensation. Will never book them again. Any kind of compensation (even a flight credit) would have been sufficient. Bad customer service move on their part.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Booked my first flight on Sun Country two years ago from Seattle to Cincinnati via MSP. Happened to check gate the night before or early morning flight and found out it had been canceled. No notification of any kind. Costumer service closes at 8p PT so can't call anyone. Get up early to find options and next available flight is a week later. That's the risk to take when you fly an airline with no code sharing and linked flights each day between most segments (including some days they don't fly). We had to book new flights in Southwest and even with the refund it cost us $2200 for new flights, an extra hotel night and car rental day. No response when asked for additional compensation. Will never book them again. Any kind of compensation (even a flight credit) would have been sufficient. Bad customer service move on their part.

That's why I won't fly Frontier...

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    That's why I won't fly Frontier...
    Frontier generally has more fights in a day between their cities. There may have only been 1 or 2 per day from SEA to MSP and there were some days they didn't fly that segment. You do lose code sharing in Frontier which is still limiting. We fly Southwest a fair amount and they don't have code sharing, but there are several flights each day with multiple connection options.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

That sucks. I wouldn’t want to fly with them again either after that.
    Don't believe everything you think.