Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hector Airport expansion

Default Re: Hector Airport expansion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think they are moving the checkpoints so people arent pushed to the edge of the escalator. One of the big changes is food and restaurants on the security side of the check point
    They're moving security because it interrupts the flow of the concourse, creates tons of chokepoints, and that it's overwhelmed and can't be expanded where it is. It's hard to tell exactly how many new lines will be created in the move, but it looks like there will be a minimum of four full lines when complete, maybe more.

The new terminal will have:
    1 initial pre-security food and beverage location @1200sqft(coffee and sandwiches)
    2 initial post-security F&B locations @3400sqft(full service sit down restaurant and bar) and 1600sqft(sit down coffee/cocktail hybrid)
    2 initial retail locations @1170sqft(travel essentials, news, gifts, apparel) and 300sqft(travel essentials)
    1 future pre-security F&B location @530sqft (other)
    2 future post-security F&B locations @635sqft(bakery/deli and pizza) and 300sqft(other)
    1 future retail location @700sqft

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    They're moving security because it interrupts the flow of the concourse, creates tons of chokepoints, and that it's overwhelmed and can't be expanded where it is. It's hard to tell exactly how many new lines will be created in the move, but it looks like there will be a minimum of four full lines when complete, maybe more.

The new terminal will have:
    1 initial pre-security food and beverage location @1200sqft(coffee and sandwiches)
    2 initial post-security F&B locations @3400sqft(full service sit down restaurant and bar) and 1600sqft(sit down coffee/cocktail hybrid)
    2 initial retail locations @1170sqft(travel essentials, news, gifts, apparel) and 300sqft(travel essentials)
    1 future pre-security F&B location @530sqft (other)
    2 future post-security F&B locations @635sqft(bakery/deli and pizza) and 300sqft(other)
    1 future retail location @700sqft
    Are they gonna staff all these places up or do like now and leave everything empty??
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Are they gonna staff all these places up or do like now and leave everything empty??
    I was going to say the one biggest thing they could do today would be to actually staff the place fully. That means every position form check in to gate attendants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I was going to say the one biggest thing they could do today would be to actually staff the place fully. That means every position form check in to gate attendants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isn't ticketing/checkin and gate up to the airlines? Not necessarily airport employees. I'd say adding gates gives airlines reason to hire more.

That all said I don't know the last time I even went to a check-in counter. Just to drop off checked bags. I'm sure an issue could come up that they'll be helpful.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

The parking ramp would be nice.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Most of the time the self check in kiosks in Fargo aren’t working, so you have to go stand in line for 30 minutes while every airline’s F Troop takes all the time in the world checking people in

They don’t have enough staff to man the gates when planes land. Not sure how adding more gates helps when you already are using less than 50% of the gates you have.

A little bit of crowding would be nice at Hector. Then maybe it would make sense to have better food options.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Most of the time the self check in kiosks in Fargo aren’t working, so you have to go stand in line for 30 minutes while every airline’s F Troop takes all the time in the world checking people in

They don’t have enough staff to man the gates when planes land. Not sure how adding more gates helps when you already are using less than 50% of the gates you have.

A little bit of crowding would be nice at Hector. Then maybe it would make sense to have better food options.
    I'm not too worried about the food options. If I eat at an airport, its during a connection. Can't say I've had a connection in Fargo yet
    College of Business Alumnus

Sounds like most grocery stores with 10 or more checkout lanes and you're lucky if three of them are staffed.

It's OK to not be OK.

Having flown Hector last week, agree, the main issue is staffing.
    It took longer at baggage claim (CRJ) in Fargo than in my destination (A319).

Next issue? You might as well park at Newman Field or Fargodome and take an Uber the last mile.

Finally, regarding expansion, I'll let those with the projections decide. But I could see the need for a couple gates down the road, if nothing else to allow for updates on existing (a refresh cycle).

I have made a couple of trips in and out of Hector this year and like others have mentioned, staffing is the biggest issue.

Hoping that the new gate structure will allow Delta (main carrier I fly) an option to go West. SLC would be perfect for me and fit in with their expanded operations out of that hub.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. – Marcus Aurelius

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” – Benjamin Franklin