Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hector Airport expansion

Default Hector Airport expansion

Looks like the additional airline service to Fargo has pushed this project ahead:

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...p;section=News

533 In a row

Default Re: Hector Airport expansion

They said tonite on the news it could be 2 million over expected costs.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

With flights to Minneapolis, Chicago, Denver,Salt Lake City, and Vegas, hopefully this will make it easier to get teams to come play games in Fargo. (Doesn't really help for football because the Saltlake, Chicago, and Denver flights only seat 50. But, it will help for Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball,Baseball..)

BTW Next month the Vegas NWest flight is moving to the afternoon instead of the late PM flight they have now.

The only way Fargo's airport could be any more accessible for us and our opponents is if they actually landed on the roof fargodome.

NanoBison Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sambini
    They said tonite on the news it could be 2 million over expected costs.

Good thing is, taxpayers aren't paying for it. The airport has enough money with the fees it collects from airlines and other items. (Technically though, everyone in America will be chipping in with the Federal Portion.... something like $ .05)

Glad to see we've got enough business going on to keep expanding.

Let's necromancy this thread back with an all new(and much, much bigger) Hector expansion. Four additional gates, another baggage carousel, more ticketing space, moving security to the restaurant that's never open, straight shot for the new combined concourse, three post-security concession areas with one being a much larger lounge. Possible future parking garage, but that will have to be a separate project as federal funds can't be used for revenue-producing projects.

Pretty nice renderings: https://www.fargoairport.com/wp-cont...-Packet_sm.pdf

Early basic floorplans on slides 12 & 13: https://www.fargoairport.com/wp-cont...nt-meeting.pdf

It needs to happen fricken Delta and probably United is making hay on Fargo travelers not so bad just one person but you get a family, for me anyways maybe I'm just too anal about pinching pennies when it comes to family travel. It's worth the 4 hour drive to MSP and hotel stay at that not to have to pay $1000 more for airline tickets. I still come out $7-800 ahead by going to MSP, many times the times are better suited too and you have more choices than Delta/United/American.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I fly through Fargo probably 5x a year, usually during holidays. Never have I once ever thought to myself “Gee this place could really use a larger terminal” lol

Favorite part of flying into Fargo is late at night they have all these gates they never use, but when your plane lands you have to sit on the tarmac for 25 minutes while they unload another plane because they don’t have the staff to use a second gate.

Hilarious watching social media comments freaking out about the one thing it actually does need, parking and/or a skyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Good to see. Business I'm in makes extensive use of Hector International. Great to see expansion plans taking shape. Would LOVE to see another regular connection to a delta hub in addition to MSP like Atlanta or Detroit to open up more direct flight locations in Europe other than Paris or Amsterdam.

In 2016, there were 400k enplanements. In 2019, there were 470k. They're projecting 560k in 2025 once the travel recovery is complete, 610k in 2030, 680k in 2035, and 740k in 2040. (That's based off a 2.12% growth rate.) Far better to build ahead of the demand instead of trying to catch up.

Besides, what Hector needs desperately is a relocated security checkpoint and more ticketing and ticketing queuing areas. Baggage is okay for now, but it's already getting close to its limits under peak load. Increase enplanements by 25% within 5 years over the 2019 numbers and problems could start to build quickly.

But what Hector needs above all else is a much better layout. The lower level is good enough, but the upper level is a shitshow ever since they added the security checkpoint after 9/11. If anything, the 2008 expansion made it worse. While 9 gates is certainly overkill for what Hector needs for quite awhile, I bet it will make the renovation of the existing areas without disrupting operations so, so much easier. They'll leave the old part of the terminal alone while they add on the new gates. They'll probably build the new security checkpoints at the same time. Once finished with phase 1, they'll transfer all operations over to the new gates so they can demo the interiors and remodel the old gates. Once everything is done, they'll spread out the different airlines so everyone gets their own gate(s).

After discarding my first guess, my second guess is that Delta or United will get gates 1-3(they won't use all three, but they'll be allocated that way to minimize the chances of major disruptions later on). 4 and 5 will go to American and Frontier in whatever order. 6 will go to Allegiant. And 7-9 will go the other of Delta/United. The big caveat to this plan is if airport operations says spreading all the airlines out would cause staffing stress. Then I could see them trying to keep the active gates to 2-6/7 and only use 1, (7), 8 & 9 when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    In 2016, there were 400k enplanements. In 2019, there were 470k. They're projecting 560k in 2025 once the travel recovery is complete, 610k in 2030, 680k in 2035, and 740k in 2040. (That's based off a 2.12% growth rate.) Far better to build ahead of the demand instead of trying to catch up.

Besides, what Hector needs desperately is a relocated security checkpoint and more ticketing and ticketing queuing areas. Baggage is okay for now, but it's already getting close to its limits under peak load. Increase enplanements by 25% within 5 years over the 2019 numbers and problems could start to build quickly.

But what Hector needs above all else is a much better layout. The lower level is good enough, but the upper level is a shitshow ever since they added the security checkpoint after 9/11. If anything, the 2008 expansion made it worse. While 9 gates is certainly overkill for what Hector needs for quite awhile, I bet it will make the renovation of the existing areas without disrupting operations so, so much easier. They'll leave the old part of the terminal alone while they add on the new gates. They'll probably build the new security checkpoints at the same time. Once finished with phase 1, they'll transfer all operations over to the new gates so they can demo the interiors and remodel the old gates. Once everything is done, they'll spread out the different airlines so everyone gets their own gate(s).

After discarding my first guess, my second guess is that Delta or United will get gates 1-3(they won't use all three, but they'll be allocated that way to minimize the chances of major disruptions later on). 4 and 5 will go to American and Frontier in whatever order. 6 will go to Allegiant. And 7-9 will go the other of Delta/United. The big caveat to this plan is if airport operations says spreading all the airlines out would cause staffing stress. Then I could see them trying to keep the active gates to 2-6/7 and only use 1, (7), 8 & 9 when necessary.
    I think they are moving the checkpoints so people arent pushed to the edge of the escalator. One of the big changes is food and restaurants on the security side of the check point

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com