Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hector Airport expansion

Default Re: Hector Airport expansion

I fly out of Hector roughly once a month and I guess I’ll claim minimalist efficient traveler here but I have absolutely zero issues whatsoever.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I fly out of Hector roughly once a month and I guess I’ll claim minimalist efficient traveler here but I have absolutely zero issues whatsoever.
    Carry-on luggage = Zero issues for me.

Checked = Slight wait to drop off (not a big deal IMHO) and a longer than normal wait for pickup. By how much seems to depend on the time of arrival.

Overall I will give Hector a A- out of all the airports I wind up in during my travels.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. – Marcus Aurelius

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” – Benjamin Franklin

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    It needs to happen fricken Delta and probably United is making hay on Fargo travelers not so bad just one person but you get a family, for me anyways maybe I'm just too anal about pinching pennies when it comes to family travel. It's worth the 4 hour drive to MSP and hotel stay at that not to have to pay $1000 more for airline tickets. I still come out $7-800 ahead by going to MSP, many times the times are better suited too and you have more choices than Delta/United/American.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I completely agree. Family of 6 here normally saves well over 1k by driving to MSP. Plus for whatever reason the last time we went to MSP we walked thru security (NO WAIT). Still don't understand that one considering it was the day before Thanksgiving or what experts call the busiest travel day in the US.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I completely agree. Family of 6 here normally saves well over 1k by driving to MSP. Plus for whatever reason the last time we went to MSP we walked thru security (NO WAIT). Still don't understand that one considering it was the day before Thanksgiving or what experts call the busiest travel day in the US.
    Going to Fargo in August for a wedding. Saved $200 each to fly to Minneapolis. 4 of us so that's an $800 savings. Also saved $200 on the car rental getting an offsite Avis Car rather than the airport. Considered driving from Indy but saving the day of driving was worth it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Going to Fargo in August for a wedding. Saved $200 each to fly to Minneapolis. 4 of us so that's an $800 savings. Also saved $200 on the car rental getting an offsite Avis Car rather than the airport. Considered driving from Indy but saving the day of driving was worth it.

You say you saved $200 on the auto rental by going off airport but did not say how much the net rental was. Assume it still consumed a good chunk of that $800 airfare saving yes?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You say you saved $200 on the auto rental by going off airport but did not say how much the net rental was. Assume it still consumed a good chunk of that $800 airfare saving yes?
    Airport rental would have been $500 for the week and off airport car rental is $320. Intermediate SUV through Avis for 5 days. We were going to have to rent a car in Fargo as well which would have been $520-$620 depending on location so we still saved over that. Renting the vehicle from Indy would been about $325 also so the rental price we are paying is about the same but less fuel. The flights were all less than $300 round trip so we are paying for the convenience and time. A day or two of vacation justifies it some (one sonis paying for his own flight and other is paying half because he stayingan extra day).. My time off right now is unpaid so that covers some of it too. It close to a wash on driving from Indy!

Rented Avis for our summer trip to Utah and Arizona at Vegas airport and was not impressed. It was a Friday afternoon (early) but for whatever reason avis was struggling the others didn't seem to be. We got in at like 12:40, we didn't leave the parking lot until about 2:20. They gave us a range of numbers our suv was going to be and said very assuredly that it was a black Durango, after about 10 minutes in the lot at said numbers we saw a white one pull up. I was like well they told us very pointedly ours was black thinking that the color of color couldn't screw that up. After about 2 or 3 minutes my wife was like I'm going to check the plate sure enough it was our vehicle. The only thing black was the mirrors and rims, everything else pure white.

Didn't really check off-site locations too much as always seems like a hassle to go another ride somewhere. Anyways Vegas has a lot of weird rules regarding car rentals apparently.

Airport rental would have been $500 for the week and off airport car rental is $320. Intermediate SUV through Avis for 5 days. We were going to have to rent a car in Fargo as well which would have been $520-$620 depending on location so we still saved over that. Renting the vehicle from Indy would been about $325 also so the rental price we are paying is about the same but less fuel. The flights were all less than $300 round trip so we are paying for the convenience and time. A day or two of vacation justifies it some (one sonis paying for his own flight and other is paying half because he stayingan extra day).. My time off right now is unpaid so that covers some of it too. It close to a wash on driving from Indy!

Always a good decision to trade wealth for time. You can get more wealth.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Rented Avis for our summer trip to Utah and Arizona at Vegas airport and was not impressed. It was a Friday afternoon (early) but for whatever reason avis was struggling the others didn't seem to be. We got in at like 12:40, we didn't leave the parking lot until about 2:20. They gave us a range of numbers our suv was going to be and said very assuredly that it was a black Durango, after about 10 minutes in the lot at said numbers we saw a white one pull up. I was like well they told us very pointedly ours was black thinking that the color of color couldn't screw that up. After about 2 or 3 minutes my wife was like I'm going to check the plate sure enough it was our vehicle. The only thing black was the mirrors and rims, everything else pure white.

Didn't really check off-site locations too much as always seems like a hassle to go another ride somewhere. Anyways Vegas has a lot of weird rules regarding car rentals apparently.

We did offsite for our last rental in Phoenix in March. Saved $150-$200 and paid $20 each way for the Uber. The car rental center at PHX is a 10-15 minute bus ride, so it wasn't much different anyway. I've been an Avis customer for a long time and have rarely had issues. In a customer service world you are going to run into issues occasionally so I look more at a body of work than isolated incidents.

We did offsite for our last rental in Phoenix in March. Saved $150-$200 and paid $20 each way for the Uber. The car rental center at PHX is a 10-15 minute bus ride, so it wasn't much different anyway. I've been an Avis customer for a long time and have rarely had issues. In a customer service world you are going to run into issues occasionally so I look more at a body of work than isolated incidents.

Definitely isolated I've never used them. Not fatal by any means.