Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Thomas has lost his mind

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Roger Thomas has lost his mind

The following is a quote of the guy with two first names and proves he's gone loco.

Thomas noted one remaining scenario: NCC schools moving to Division I and rejoining SDSU and NDSU in a conference.

"It's in the back of a lot of people's minds," he said. "It would be an economically feasible league, rekindling the same rivalries with reduced travel. It's not out of the realm of possibility."

I think its just funny as hell to watch him squirm as the old NCC implodes around him. *What a dumba$$. *He had his chance when NDSU and SDSU tried to get the others to join but he along with others rejected it. *Now after they see what's become of the NCC some of the schools don't like the new face of DII which isn't new at all hell the writing was on the wall for years. *We (NDSU and SDSU) were told in no uncertain terms go screw yourself and then to add insult to injury many did thier utmost to make it as difficult a transition as possible. *Now he comes out with statements like this. *It's way to funny and I am sure I'm not the only one watching him try to figure out his next move to save his sorry job. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Default Re: Roger Thomas has lost his mind

you are so right on, the guy is nuts :-? :-?

Weren't he and Butch Raymond supposedly talking about a possible merger between the NCC and NSIC? They split the teams up into 2 divisions as was suggested. Maybe this would happen ONLY after UND and USD left (maybe UNO, too). If it does, the new conference should by all means, keep Butch and can RT. If RT got a hold of the new conference, that one would go to the dogs, too.
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope

I wouldnt want to be in a league with the other NCC schools. I am enjoying the competition right now and wouldnt want to compete against teams that would likely struggle in division 1, besides UND. NDSU joining the NCC schools would be a nightmare in my book

TaTonka_31 Guest

I know they probably don't want to hear it, but the best solution to the financial heatlh of the remaining NCC schools may to concentrate on their D1 hockey programs and limit scholarships by going D3 on everything else. *D2 is a dying division.

Too many D1 teams in the upper mid-west is just too much dilution.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBlogger
    I know they probably don't want to hear it, but the best solution to the fiancial heatlh of the remaining NCC schools may to concentrate on their D1 hockey programs and limit scholarships by going D3 on everything else. *D2 is a dying division.

Too many D1 teams in the upper mid-west is just too much dilution.
    Thats the price they pay for having hockey.

Did he freakin' say this TODAY???

*sigh* Goddammit Roger, you are such an idiot... :-/ :-/ :-/
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

This guy has lost it....

It's in the back of a lot of people minds?? who besides sue supporters?Economically feasible??..for who besides und?

Everything about this scenario would benefit the sue....seems like und is just throwing whatever they want out there to see what sticks!...

That is pretty damn nutty.............. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by MRBISON
    This guy has lost it....

It's in the back of a lot of people minds?? who besides sue supporters?Economically feasible??..for who besides und?

Everything about this scenario would benefit the sue....seems like und is just throwing whatever they want out there to see what sticks!...
    :-? You are aware that Roger Thomas no longer works at the University of North Dakota, right? He is the commissioner of the NCC, a Division II conference in the upper midwest. :

And yes, for him to say this on the heels of NDSU and SDSU getting into the Mid-Con shows that he has become nuttier than than a box of Grape Nuts.