Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taunting dos and don'ts

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Taunting dos and don'ts

Moving up a division, time to practice up. Here are some pointers... Perhaps you can use them for yourself instead.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/hruby/031119.html

Default Re: Taunting dos and don'ts

My nomination for Post of the Week! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

They should put this in the NDSU's student handbook.

Perhaps I should move it to another area, no one replies in here... :-/

IowaBison Guest

I think everyone's read the link and enjoyed it, there's just not much to comment on.

JBB Guest

I have to disagree. I believe you should taunt right through the L. Work on it until you get it right. :

Here is another show of spirit... "Nation's most passionate fans?"

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/drehs/031126texasam.html

WSU played you guys last year and your fans were awesome!
    They gave us crap from the moment they opened the gate to the very end. *The best thing about it is that your students did not stoop to poor taste. *They were relentless but clever in what they would say.
    We played UND last weekend and they were class-less. *They would cheer and geer loud but their lack of clever input was replaced by continuous vulgarity. *If I was a Sioux fan with my kid there I would have found it in very poor taste. *

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood
    WSU played you guys last year and your fans were awesome!
    They gave us crap from the moment they opened the gate to the very end. *The best thing about it is that your students did not stoop to poor taste. *They were relentless but clever in what they would say.
    We played UND last weekend and they were class-less. *They would cheer and geer loud but their lack of clever input was replaced by continuous vulgarity. *If I was a Sioux fan with my kid there I would have found it in very poor taste. *
    Any examples Haywood???

D,
    I was on the sidelines with the WSU team. I would be banished off this board if I quoted, and being my first day here I may want to come back.
    I will give a short list:
    Too many MF's to count. Along with others telling us what we should be licking....the sorry list goes on.

But the NDSU fans, most of which were the NDSU Red Shirts I believe, were much funnier.
    A guess would be that their coach spoke to them about having some class while harassing the opponent.?

Since you were on the sideline, maybe you saw your head coach come over and taunt the UND section? Or maybe you saw #94 stand on the bench the entire second half and talk sh*t right back? #24 did the same. Or perhaps you saw when Winona went ahead and thought they beat the '29 Yankees, 2 older men on the sidelines, 1 in a purple pullover and the other in a black one, each no younger than 55, neither a coach but some kind of administration, face the crowd, one got down on his knees, and talk sh*t and put their hand to their ears as if to say what. Under normal circumstances I would say that there was some bad name calling, no racial slurs, stuff that goes on everywhere, but maybe shouldn't. But when those 2 old guys and the Head Coach jumps in & does it back, this was discussed here not too long ago, there isn't much that isn't fair game. That is classless. Never having more than 3500 at a game, though, the Winona people probably don't realize that.