Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thunderzone

Default Thunderzone

Hey, I just got around to listening to this week's Bison Feedback.. somebody asked about establishing a Thunderzone.

So two questions:

How many are interested in sitting in a section of seats reserved for loud fans?

Do you think it might work better to put the Thunderzone up in the high seats so there'd be nobody in back to telling you to sit down the whole game?

IowaBison Guest

Default Re: Thunderzone

For next year, there will probably ten in my party.

I'm in row T right now, there is NO WAY I'll go any higher than that. In fact I don't think we should sacrifice enthusiasm for seats.

Instead I think we try to get from the field to the concourse in front of a suite, they won't need us to sit.

Throw it in the front of a section, that way it might *gasp* become contagious. Also, volume is a logarithmic function of distance (if memory serves me correctly), so the closer the loud people are to the field the greater the effect.

There already is a grassroots effort for Section 20 to become the Team Makers Thunderzone (at least the first 10-15 rows), but people need to know about it. The ticket office is aware of it, and is trying to get people in there, but there has to be demand for it.

I also like the idea of promoting the existing Thunderzones in the endzones. Maybe try to entice families into the north endzone, and the rowdiest of the rowdy into the south endzone by the students. Other than stating how much tickets are for the Thunderzone, they sure don't promote it, or explain what it's purpose is. Get some promotions going for it. The loudest (for the entire game), craziest row in a Thunderzone gets free Cheesy Bread- That takes care of the Domino's promotion and enables the fans to make some noise without being chastised.

If I didn't have season tickets next to my father, I would be in the Team Makers Thunderzone next to Bisonfan1 in a heartbeat. :-/
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

mikelsch Guest

It was so nice to be at the SDSU game and feel like you could stand the whole game without someone telling you to sit down. That is what football is all about, and it is time that a bison fan can feel that way in his own arena.

I'm definitely going see about getting seats in section 20 21 next year.

It really shouldn't take that many people to fill up a section from the entrance down... what is that, six rows, 15-20 seats across?

How are the sight lines that close to the field.

Doh!!!

It's section 21 were the TM Thunderzone is at. I sit in section 20 :.

Tony, I think concourse level is row I, but I'm not positive. The sight lines are great, but it's a little more difficult to be analytical while watching in the first couple rows. The excitement up close when the other team is pinned deep or the Bison are driving for a TD more than makes up for it. It does get a little far away at the opposite EZ, but the videoboards let you see all the action. Go peak at the concoure level in that area during warmups or something.

Herd_Mentality Guest

Sweet...I always wanted to be part of a "grassroots" effort. Those section 20 kids sure are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality
    Sweet...I always wanted to be part of a "grassroots" effort. *Those section 20 kids sure are crazy.
    Section 20 is sane. Section 21 is insane.

That is, of course, unless section 20 is insane and I would therefore be insane and might not know what sanity is any longer.

The TM Thunderzone is starting up in section 21, although there are a some guys in the front rows of section 20 that like to stand.

It's going to take some work to get this going.
    Last week, I was in 21, row AA, kinda high but couldn't see or hear any significant fan action from the lower rows.
    Got my tix from the Alumni Assoc and they had tried to put as many of us alums together as possible.
    I would have loved to be in the rowdy section.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie
    It was so nice to be at the SDSU game and feel like you could stand the whole game without someone telling you to sit down. *That is what football is all about, and it is time that a bison fan can feel that way in his own arena. * *
    Couldn't have said it any better myself. I'm in for four.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.