Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Away with the Loud Music!!!!

Default Do Away with the Loud Music!!!!

A guy can't even carry a conversation between plays at the bison football home games. The "fake excitement" of playing heavy metal or rap music is a joke. Let the game generate it's own true enthusiasm. Leave the canned music to the NFL, college football can hold it's own without it. Let the band play more!
    Far across the fields of Fargo....

Default Re: Do Away with the Loud Music!!!!

Uh Oh, KC7. You're not one of :THOSE : people are you? You should be cheering between plays or getting those around you off their collective @sses. That's why the Dome sounds like a mauseleum during points in the games. I personally get pumped up when I come into the game early and the players are warming up to some kick ass heavy metal or some pumpin' gangsta rap. I like that atmosphere. I also like the cannon, fireworks, etc. We also need to get more people to "thunder" (remember how to thunder) in the moveable sections. The Dome has so much potential to kick ass but it's the lame-o's out there combined with the AARP types that make the UNO players refer to our house as a "nice, quiet barn". That's not cool. :-/

I remember what true enthusiasm was like when North stands at Dakotah field would stand and cheer when the defense went three and out. I also remember the wood bleachers rumble like thunder on 4th and 1. I just wish we could bring back some of that. Fans back then didn't need to be told to stand at kickoffs, they were already standing because they knew that, " The March is ON!". That's the atmosphere I would like to see again. Be careful who you accuse of being one of "Those".
    Far across the fields of Fargo....

Quote Originally Posted by KC7
    I remember what true enthusiasm was like when North stands at Dakotah field would stand and cheer when the defense went three and out. * I also remember the wood bleachers rumble like thunder on 4th and 1. * I just wish we could bring back some of that. * Fans back then didn't need to be told to stand at kickoffs, they were already standing because they knew that, " The March is ON!". * That's the atmosphere I would like to see again. *Be careful who you accuse of being one of "Those".

AAhhhhh the Good 'Ol Days! I also remember how to THUNDER. Fact is, I still "Thunder" in the Dome. How 'bout yourself? I promise not to call you "one of those" if you promise not to act like "one of those". Fair enough?

I liked it better when the students were in the south end zone of the Fargodome (I was there as a student). The aluminum flooring got hella loud when we started stomping on it. The stomping techniques were a carryover from Dacotah Field. Now all the students can do is try to make noise on the concrete floor, or make animals out of those balloon things.

The student section is the best atmosphere barometer in the Fargodome. When the student section gets loud, the chances of some noise in the rest of the dome increases.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I totally agree with you Bisonguy, not sure the students would want to give up their sideline seats now though. I used to go over there so I could go nuts and nobody cared, and on occassion wander over to the student section area now when I get scared that everyone around me has no pulse. One of the best moves made all year was when the band got moved, everyone in the place could now SEE the band, and now could actually HEAR the band when they moved to the endzone. It would maybe be nice to see differant student sections spread out throughout the dome "fire up the dead zones" and noise competition between student sections.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

I think a lot of the atmosphere created at Dacotah will never be replicated at the Dome, BUT there is a definite need of improvement in the loudness level of the Dome.

I think a lot has to do with the noisemakers. More noisemakers=more noise. Its too bad many officials and refs try to quiet the fans by forcing them to get rid of the noisemakers.

Also there is a need to change the whole culture of Bison fans. Many fans have become soft, and don't feel the need to get excited. As new fans come in the game, and cheer loudly, the Dome will also change from one of quiet and calm to a rip roaring stadium of Bison pride.

Herd_Mentality Guest

Actually - the student section was pathetic this year with a few exceptions....but as a whole, pathetic.

You can't move the student section...that wouldn't be a smart thing to do at this point.

I'm a Team Maker. I'm under 30...and there is a group of us that had tickets together. The first game of the season, we came in...fired up....standing, screaming on the opening kickoff...only to be told within a few minutes by the older Team Makers behind us to "sit down". *sigh* To be young in this town sucks sometimes.

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Im a teamaker, over 40, and going on 20 when Im at a Bison game.We were also told to sit down the first game, and buddy was actually pulled down into his seat (not cool) If there cannot be more than (1) student section in the dome, then NDSU REALLY has to come up with a teamaker section for us that want to stand, yell scream, cheer and give the student section a run for their money. Im tired of "sitting" amongst the dead, and that is why I frequently move even though I have what I consider to be good seats. I understand this isnt for everyone, but if you would sign up for this section than expect to be on your feet. Anyone else with me on this idea that has come up in the past?? A friend of mine who is a former player got crap from a lady READING A BOOK, when he told her that this is a FOOTBALL GAME, not a LIBRARY the area around him what crazy. I dont mind the loud music once in awhile to try and get the crowd going, but why not loud music that the intire Dome can chant to, chant with etc = intimidating to visiting team.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Herd_Mentality Guest

Amen to that last post....Amen!

The music selection kind of stinks though...every once in awhile I'm wondering if they're playing Manheim Steamroller or Yanni.