Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DO YOU THINK YOUR TOWN IS PRO BISON?

Default DO YOU THINK YOUR TOWN IS PRO BISON?

Fargo is and should be. Let me know if your town is or not?
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

kchats Guest

Default Re: DO YOU THINK YOUR TOWN IS PRO BISON?

No. I live in Springfield, Missouri they are pro Missouri State and Drury.

insane_ponderer Guest

currently pittsburgh is steelers or pitt panthers country

formerly grace city, nd with some fine ndsu alumni is definently pro ndsu

GCITY BISON DO YOU KNOW GOOFY HES IN CHARGE OF TAILGATING.

insane_ponderer Guest

sambini,

is he from grace city? if he is i probably know him, just not by the name goofy.

HIS NAME IS DAVE GAUFFIN HE WAS A TEACHER THERE IN THE MID 70S.

insane_ponderer Guest

sorry, he was well before my time in the big city....

Quote Originally Posted by sambini
    Fargo is and should be. Let me know if your town is or not?
    Fargo isn't what I would call "anti-Bison," but I think that it could be more pro-Bison. * It is getting better, especially with our downtown presence, but I think it could be more.

For example, anyone ever been to Manhattan, KS? *That place is what one might call pro-Wildcats. *That purple logo is EVERYWHERE around town. *That's all they have there, and their pride shows!

But even in places like Minneapolis, where the U competes with lots of other pro teams and colleges, that city is definately Pro-Gophers. *

Even though we have two colleges in Moorhead, the city of Fargo needs to step up and show some green and gold around town. *People should think Fargo, think North Dakota State.

Just one guy's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RxBison

Fargo isn't what I would call "anti-Bison," but I think that it could be more pro-Bison. * It is getting better, especially with our downtown prescence, but I think it could be more.

For example, anyone ever been to Manhattan, KS? *That place is what one might call pro-Wildcats. *That purple logo is EVERYWHERE around town. *That's all they have there, and their pride shows!

But even in places like Minneapolis, where the U competes with lots of other pro teams and colleges, that city is definately Pro-Gophers. *

Even though we have two colleges in Moorhead, the city of Fargo needs to step up and show some green and gold around town. *People should think Fargo, think North Dakota State.

Just one guy's opinion.
    Having the Fan Day at West Acres and the NDSU presence at one of the Third Thursday events was a good start this year.

Getting NDSU out into the community should be a priority. NDSU has appeared to be too much of an introvert sort of entity in the FM community.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

somebison Guest

posted this a while back,

From the get-go, it just wasn't a marriage made in heaven. The relationship between NDSU and the city of Fargo, that is.

For Fargo, the agricultural college was a consolation prize awarded by the constitutional convention when it parceled out the state institutions in 1889. As Samuel Roberts, one of Fargo's delegates to the convention remembered it; the city wanted "something big," such as the penitentiary or the insane asylum. But when the time came to pass out the plums, Bismarck got the prison and Jamestown got the asylum. Poor Fargo had to console itself with the college.

http://www.ndsu.edu/ndsu/news/magazi...solation.shtml