Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see done to the dome?

Default What would you like to see done to the dome?

Over the past few years the dome has undergone some great improvements and is now one of best sports venues in the region but there is always something that can be done to improve even the best venues. What would you like to see done to the dome?

The main thing I would like to see done to the Dome is tear out the press box in the North endzone that never gets used and turn it into a club suite. The key to making this work is to allow alcohol sales in clubs and suites only and I don't know if NDSU would be willing to soften their policy that much. But this would create more revenue for the Dome and NDSU since that space goes pretty much unused and it would liven up the North endzone which is usually the deadzone during games. I know the Metrodome just got done adding these types of suites and it sounds like they are a great success and I think they would be a big success in the Fargodome as well.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: What would you like to see done to the dome?

I'm not saying that I want this because it would be a HUGE waste of money in my opinion, but Green and Gold seats would look great in the dome.

buffalobill Guest

THE SUITES SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT THE TOP OF THE DOME FROM THE START. A GOOD NUMBER OF CHOICE INDIVIDUAL SEATS WERE LOST BY THE PRESENT CONFIGURATION : WHAT THE DOME NEEDS IS A WAC ATTACK

Put seats in the corners.

buffalobill Guest

WAC ATTACK

Not likely to happen and I don't want to start a debate, I'd like to have a beer when watching the game.

Mr._Bill Guest

At some point soon, field turf. Thats the one thing that I think needs to get done. Fewer injuries and more pleasing to the opponents eye.

The current turf looks great, but its still astro-turf, which will be retro in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Bill
    At some point soon, field turf. *Thats the one thing that I think needs to get done. *Fewer injuries and more pleasing to the opponents eye.

The current turf looks great, but its still astro-turf, which will be retro in a few years.

I would hope the new turf would have a big NDSU logo on the 50!
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

broke_back_mnt Guest

Im with NDSUstudent. Thats a great idea about the club room. Field turf too, but unlikely since it needs to be rolled back. Does anybody know how our turf is to play on?

Mr._Bill Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JBB
    Im with NDSUstudent. *Thats a great idea about the club room. *Field turf too, but unlikely since it needs to be rolled back. *Does anybody know how our turf is to play on?
    Good astro-turf or bad . . . still astro-turf. Hopefully there is a replacement plan in a year or two. But as you suggest, I'll wait to here from someone who has played on it.