Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Athletic Facilities Upgrades

mikelsch Guest

Default Athletic Facilities Upgrades

Planned upgrades for the Ellig softball and soccer complexes. *$4.5 million for softball, TBD for soccer.
    http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...section=Sports

__________________________________________________ ________________

Other "wishful" projects for NDSU

1. *Indoor 120-yard-practice facility that has field-turf. *Many of our sports could use this. Put on the old Dakotah Field spot.

2. *New Basketball arena that seats 8000 people. *Would be great for NDSU, and local high school games/tourneys, concerts, trade shows, and even for high school hockey games/tourneys. *Put on land west of Fargodome.

3. *On-campus 18-hole golf course, complete with driving range, chipping/putting area, clubhouse, and indoor golf simulator --- would be great for students/faculty/staff/public use, in addition to the Bison golf and cross country teams. *Could build on all that land on west end of campus

4. *BSA modifications/additions - new offices, locker rooms, restrooms, concessions, chair-back seating, 4-sided-video scoreboard, sound system, athletic training area, auditorium, classrooms, weights/cardio area, banked 8 lane 200 meter track, 2 basketball practice courts, storage

5. *BBF modifications - new offices, locker rooms, chair-back seating, improved court markings

6. *Softball - New irrigation system, dugouts, locker rooms, and press box (from article). Chair back seating.

7. *Soccer - Locker rooms, press box

Any other ideas?

Default Re: Athletic Facilities Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie
    4. *BSA modifications/additions - NEW LIGHTING, new offices, locker rooms, restrooms, concessions, chair-back seating, 4-sided-video scoreboard, sound system, athletic training area, auditorium, classrooms, weights/cardio area, banked 8 lane 200 meter track, 2 basketball practice courts, storage
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

New 45k open air football stadium.

Copy UCF's design = 50 million dollars to build.

I LIKE THE LIST GREENIE+++++++++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With 8 18hole courses and a few executive cources in the area a golf course is the last thing we need. To build it and maintain it is out of the question. The land west of campus is used for research. It sucks anyway.Too flat. Our Bison teams seem to be welcome and at home at the Fargo Country Club. I've been
    in golf for over 50 years. My handle speaks, "4 up with 4 to play."

I like the idea of a campus 18 hole golf course.

My motto is that UND gets one, NDSU should get one.

It could be nice if they let students play for free.

NanoBison Guest

I don't know if I like the idea of an F-16, being taken down by someone chipping a golf-ball 150 feet in the air... (gets sucked into the air intake...) Keep in mind the main landing strip for all Commercial and Military aircraft and it's adjoining airspace, runs right through the west side of campus. That's why they aren't expanding the Research Park farther west....

Quote Originally Posted by NanoBison
    I don't know if I like the idea of an F-16, being taken down by someone chipping a golf-ball 150 feet in the air... (gets sucked into the air intake...) Keep in mind the main landing strip for all Commercial and Military aircraft and it's adjoining airspace, runs right through the west side of campus. That's why they aren't expanding the Research Park farther west....
    You're joking, right? *That would be one hell of a national news story but would never happen. *Those planes are 400 - 500' high when they come over that area. *The planes may look low when they come over, but there is no way in hell you would ever hit one with a golf ball.

I could the way I play golf. If there is only one tree or water hazzard I will find it+++++++++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

First of all, it wouldn't go where the research ag plots are.

That won't happen.

That, of course, leads me to wonder just where could it go?

Maybe NDSU could buy El Zagal from the city, expand it to 18 holes, and build a locker room/indoor driving and putting range there?