Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU and FARGO Police.. whats up with this?

Default NDSU and FARGO Police.. whats up with this?

Party Patrol.... Fargo Police....... in my opinion go WAY too far on NDSU students..

I personally believe. and I know this for a FACT, that many many kids don't want to goto NDSU SOLELY because of the reputation the POLICE and PARTY PATROL has given the NDSU campus....

Kids choose other campuses, when it comes down to a decision based on this SOMETIMES.. *dont give me the WE DONT WANT THOSE KIDS ANYWAYS* BS......

Im just telling you like it is, my lil brother's friends 17,18 have told me .. yea I was going to go to NDSU, but I heard it's like a military zone on thur/fri/sat nights..

I grad NDSU in 99, and I don't remember the police being bad.. til just recently.

Then EVERY tv station and FORUM leads with this : >>>> article of SCARE

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...p;section=news

Its already started ^^^^^^^^^^^

Default Re: NDSU and FARGO Police.. whats up with this?

i doubt that anyone would seriously make a decision on where to attend school based on the "Party Patrol"..............although I do agree that this emphasis on nailing college students that have a few keggers is Bull......

no no.. read my post more careful.

I knew someone would say that, that's why i put that disclaimer.. "some kids.. SOME"

and when there is equal playing ground and he/she is wieghing pos and negatives..... this doesnt help NDSU.. and its used as a scare tactic!!!

STOP THE PARTY PATROl.. and the BSA PATROL *according to last nite*

grrrr let the kids enjoy college,,, my freakin GOD>!

The University is worried about getting sued so they do everything they can to make sure that the public knows they are doing everthing they can to keep their kids safe.

This stuff ends up in the paper because Nona Wood and her gang of anti-alcohol zellots make sure that it does.

This Jonny Holm thing the last two years now is really a college entrance exam. If you're stupid enough to walk up to a cop in the street with an open container maybe you should spend a year or two at a community college learning the ropes first.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 03-06-2015 at 08:21 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

And.........I bet when I come to the Cal Poly game at the Fargodome......I can still figure out how to get booze in with out getting caught!!

broke_back_mnt Guest

I dont think its bull. Its no different than setting up checkpoints on the highways. Society has chosen to enforce it rules about alcohol. It should be done. To insist that people have the right to break the law, or that law enforcement should look the other way is wrong.

IowaBison Guest

I have no problem with the efforts by the Fargo PD, especially early on in the year.

I am a little pissed about yesterday's coverage in the Forum. They referred to the arrest of two individuals, including printing their names, for minor in consumption and public urination.

I'm not anti-alcohol by any means, but individuals need to learn quickly how to intelligent deal with alcohol (and a hundred other things).

Rule 1. Never drink and drive.
    Rule 2. Never become intoxicated in public.

I admit that I have difficulty with the second one during tailgating.

From today's Forum:

Sanders said several citations were issued for people carrying open containers while traveling on foot to the dance. Some walked right up to an officer who was patrolling an intersection.

I'm sorry but people this stupid should not be allowed to attend my alma mater.

broke_back_mnt Guest

Good points. Ive been tricked by beer to have one or two "extra ones" myself when tailgating. 8-)

Bah, I don't see any problem with the cop's actions here. *The kids were drunk and pissing in the parking lot. *In general, I'd rather not have people pissing anywhere I have to walk. *How many brain cells would it have taken to figure out NOT to get plastered to the point of public urination and then go to a public dance on a dry campus where you KNOW there's going to be a police presence? *They got what they deserved.

The fact that people drink their way into the hospital shows that some people can't handle themselves responsibly so its for everyone's protection that the police look at this.

By the way, as for the kids who choose not to attend NDSU because of the party patrol, consider also the number of kids whose parent's have a good opinion about NDSU because they hear the school and community are concerned about binge drinking and student safety. *Then consider which kids you want on campus more.

Yea.. Freedom's should be trampled by the long arm of the party patrol.. sounds good to me...

I still think it's all a bad sign for NDSU that this gets so much publicity, its like the forum and wday have nothing better to do but overblow this stuff.

So what a few kids got drunk, Do we need to hide out in alleys and walk the sidewalks listening for parties ???? How is that right of privacy??

dont get me started on the checkpoints...