Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggetions on what NDSU and the Fargodome can do

Default Suggetions on what NDSU and the Fargodome can do

to improve the atmosphere during gameday and the game. *I figure with 55 days until kickoff there is still time for some suggestions to be heard and implemented.

• Live bands out in the west parking lot again
    • Less music played through the PA during the game but more announcements for the crowd to get loud, then over time people might realize they are at a football game and that they should be loud and rowdy.
    • Live Bison mascot
    • For the Gold Star Marching Band to take some pointers from more exciting marching bands (SDSU, UofM or some of the SWAC schools) and be a reason to get to the game early or stay in your seat during halftime
    • Do away with the halftime hot tub toss. *Countless years and I've never seen a winner, enough is enough.
    • Start getting fans to wear yellow to the games like the students have come to do

Default Re: Suggetions on what NDSU and the Fargodome can

++

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I love the idea of a live mascot. It would be awesome to have him run across the field like Colorado has their mascot. That would pump up the crowd.

+++++++++++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree 100% on Less Music. It takes away from the crowd noise. This is a football game not a Vegas Lounge act.

IowaBison Guest

As I've stated here repeatedly.

My music preference would be for 5-6 regular songs that are played throughout the season adding additional atmosphere.

The songs would be played between quarters, not during timeouts, etc..

If you have been to the Metrodome for a Twins game but have never been there for a Gopher football game, you will be surprised at how different the place looks for a football game. Maroon and gold everywhere with banners for all of the big ten schools, etc.

If the Fargodome had installed green seats like at Newman field we would be a long ways there, but I guess we need to find the bodies to cover those ugly blue seats to get rid of them. NDSU does a little with the color with the banners that they hang around the front of the seating sections, but we could probably do more things to make it look like our "home". The big tv screens help a great deal in putting the Bison touch on the building.

533 In a row

mikelsch Guest

Repaint all the NDSU-related stuff on the field! It's starting to look really worn again after seeing the prep-bowl highlights on TV yesterday.

Wyoherdman Guest

This is only wishful thinking, but its too bad they can't move the old Dakotah field south stands into the dome. Hearing our feet pound against the bleaches was GREAT! Hearing a few bottles break below the bleachers wasn't half bad either. Anything they can do to replicate that old atmosphere would be a step in the right direction.

Cost of ticket to Dakotah field - $10.00

Cost of new insulated coveralls and a bottle of Schnapps - $50.00

Watching Ed Schultz pound the kid who he thought threw a bottle through his broadcast window - PRICELESS! ;D ;D

Very good+++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB