Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BEER IN FARGODOME.. listen...

Default BEER IN FARGODOME.. listen...

I was at Games over the weekend.. HS< NDSU.. ... working... ha ha.

I was sitting with ROB *General Manager*.. and I had a beer or 2.. outside tailgating. and I say/....

ROB>. why cant we get beer at the NDSU FB games.. everyone parties anyways.. u can tailgate with it.

party at SAE... or ATO.. walk to DOME drunk...

Sit at BW3's, reebs or whatever and drink and walkover.

ROB LOOKS AT ME.... DR CHAPMAN just has to say "BEER IN DOME"

and its DONE.. PERIOD..

U of M has it at metrodome!!! LETS DO IT!!!!

JBB Guest

Default Re: BEER IN FARGODOME.. listen...

No. Its a bad idea. Keep it in the lots and out of the Fabulous Fargo Dome.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JBB
    No. *Its a bad idea. *Keep it in the lots and out of the Fabulous Fargo Dome.
    I don't know why its a bad idea. If your going to drink and do it to excess then it will likely be that you would end up at the dome already tuned up. It wouldn't affect anyone except those who are of legal age the opportunity to have a beer if they chose to. Who know's it may be just enough to loosen up some of those who otherwise just sit on their hands throughout the game. With all the staff at the dome if someone did get out of line then it wouldn't take them long to take care of any problem. I really see no problem with it at all.

I agree with you bisonbacker. Some people on this board think that alcohol is the devil when it is drank during the football game but somehow think it's ok to get tore up before the game. I just pose this question. If all the games were on tv and you were watching the game at a bar or at home, would you just drink up until kick off and then cut your self off when the game started. No, of course not. So what's the problem with serving beer at the game? Of course you should enjoy in moderation but it would bring in some extra revenue.

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I may be wrong with this, but since the Dome is on NDSU property, doesnt that prohibit alcohol sales at the NDSU and other sporting events?
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Herd_Mentality Guest

I'd like to see a TeamMakers lounge where you could go get a bump during halftime and converse with some of the TeamMakers that don't choose to tailgate before the game. Make it one of the perks of membership.

DG_Moore Guest

Allowing alcohol in part of the Tailgating section is pushing the law to its limit. Allowing alcohol in the Dome during an NDSU function is not going to happen and it should not.

Herd_Mentality Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DGMoore
    Allowing alcohol in part of the Tailgating section is pushing the law to its limit. *Allowing alcohol in the Dome during an NDSU function is not going to happen and it should not. *
    Please explain to me why it should not happen.

The west lot is on NDSU property as well. By law alcohol is prohibitted but the university and city were able to get an amendment to allow for the west lot to be an acceptable designated area for football games.

The sale of alcohol could be another more difficult amendment to be able to be passed. I don't have the legal knowledge but would assume this. Whether or not it would be Mr. Chapman's call or not on his own again I would be doubtful but certainly he has a huge say in the matter or the process involved.

I like the idea of having a teammaker designated area for drinking (like at the Ralph or the DECC in Duluth's blueline club). This tends to be able to get passed with less opposition compared to all out drinking in the stands and sale of beer at the concessions. This is a likely and good next step for this subject.

I think that because the City of Fargo leases the Fargodome property from NDSU, they are considered to be in control of the property. Beer is sold at other events inside the dome without apparent violation of the prohibition of drinking on campus property. Also beer is sold outside at events such as the Rib Fest, which needs a permit from the city to permit the sale and consumption in an outdoor area. The change that was made to allow tailgating was similar to the permit system, only making it into law.

NDSU chooses not to allow sale of alcohol at the games inside the Fargodome because of the problems college students have with binge drinking and all the publicity surrounding bad events resulting from excessive drinking.

533 In a row