Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using extra dome tax for...

Default Using extra dome tax for...

... new turf in the dome?

Assuming it would cost around a million, I think it would be wise to invest in new turf for the dome.

NDSUFREAK10 Guest

Default Re: Using extra dome tax for...

Quote Originally Posted by 2006gwfcchamps
    ... new turf in the dome?

Assuming it would cost around a million, I think it would be wise to invest in new turf for the dome.
    Yes indeed.

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I also think that a new turf in the dome would really spruce things up a bit, especially if its that new type of turf that looks more like real grass, you know the kind of turf thats in the metrodome.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison
    I also think that a new turf in the dome would really spruce things up a bit, especially if its that new type of turf that looks more like real grass, you know the kind of turf thats in the metrodome.
    Its called Field turf I believe. But is there something the matter with the present turf??? Are the players complaining about it? PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NDSUFREAK10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73
    [quote author=BigBison link=1169333679/0#2 date=1169345037]I also think that a new turf in the dome would really spruce things up a bit, especially if its that new type of turf that looks more like real grass, you know the kind of turf thats in the metrodome.
    Its called Field turf I believe. *But is there something the matter with the present turf??? *Are the players complaining about it? *PL
    [/quote]

Well it would make the FFD look even better than it does. If we can afford it then get it.

Only 1234 would suggest we get new turf at this point.......... :

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73
    [quote author=BigBison link=1169333679/0#2 date=1169345037]I also think that a new turf in the dome would really spruce things up a bit, especially if its that new type of turf that looks more like real grass, you know the kind of turf thats in the metrodome.
    Its called Field turf I believe. *But is there something the matter with the present turf??? *Are the players complaining about it? *PL
    [/quote]
    Field turf is great stuff, some say better than real grass, but the problem with it is that it is a permanent installation. ie it can't be rolled up. That is a problem in a multi purpose facility like the FFD.

TriCollegeBison Guest

Agree. I've been on the Metrodome floor. Not only does it look better, but it is... I hate to use the word "softer," but I will for lack of something better at 2:30 in the morning.

Question: The Metrodome has monster truck shows and crap like that there. How does that work with the field turf if it can't be rolled up?

I actually did a column on the new turfs about three years ago now. At that time, many schools were changing out their old style AstroTurf to get this stuff. Even some schools like Montana replaced their natural grass fields with this stuff. FieldTurf is the most widely known but there are several other manufacturers of this "grass-like" turf.

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=55571

Mr._Bill Guest

Can someone tell me exactly what our current turf is? It looks like first generation Astro Turf (burns and injuries included), but some say that it is beyond Astro Turf and somewhere in betweeen Astro Turf and the latest Field Turf.

I also feel that Field Turn should be in the budget as soon as possible and would provide another recruiting advantage.